Best way to fill a differential.

Stimmel1647545512

the suction gun is not much better then the pump with heavy gear oil.

:gtfo:

Depends on which one you have. I've had luck with some and trouble with others. Honestly the Taiwan one I posted sucks but, the suction guns made by Lincoln do a great job even with gear oil.

I know the set up I used was pretty bootleg but honestly it filled fine, yea it took a lil bit but no more than 10 minutes, I was doing all kinds of other stuff under the car anyways.

Hal, good call on those pumps I forgot they suck for taking fluid out but arnet bad at all for filling I have one but no idea where, thanks for the reminder

Get you a 8.8 diff cover/brace....most all have a drain and fill plug built into them. Makes it so much easier to drain and fill the diff.

+1 for a diff girdle.

For people who don't have a diff girdle, An easy oldschool way is to put the fluid in a large ziplock bag and then just bolt the rear cover on, turn the wheels a few times breaks the bag open and the plastic is harmlessly chewed up by the gears.

Edited by OGRE