Reynoldsburg

Guest 614Streets

Guest 614Streets
IMO this is the shittiest suburb of columbus. I have no Idea why anyone would want to live in that side of town. That eastside part of town from pataskala to whitehall is horrible. I grew up in Gahanna , another horrible area , I just don't get it how do you put up with that shitty traffic and congestion of people. Don't take this personally , its right around the corner from where I grew up and if someone was to compare other areas being worse, hell yes there is much worse types of areas but that broad street , brice rd , main street area is nuts.

IMO this is the shittiest suburb of columbus. I have no Idea why anyone would want to live in that side of town. That eastside part of town from pataskala to whitehall is horrible. I grew up in Gahanna , another horrible area , I just don't get it how do you put up with that shitty traffic and congestion of people. Don't take this personally , its right around the corner from where I grew up and if someone was to compare other areas being worse, hell yes there is much worse types of areas but that broad street , brice rd , main street area is nuts.

I go from Havens Corners and Waggoner to Polaris Parkway in 25 minutes ever morning at 8:30 am..

I have no idea what you are talking about

I thought the same thing about Hilliard when I moved here from Dublin. Now that every major road is going to be 8 lanes wide we will have all the room in the world to get stuck behind semi's (that will soon destroy all of the new streets) while we are trying to leave the city.

Far out Hilliard ftw! Close to the freeway Hilliard not so much.

Guest 614Streets
I go from Havens Corners and Waggoner to Polaris Parkway in 25 minutes ever morning at 8:30 am..

I have no idea what you are talking about

e broad at 5 30 pm. That fucking town is a shithole.

The statement is to broad a generalization. I have lived in the burg for almost 14 years. Previous to that I was in Pickerington for 4-5 years. I live in a quiet neighborhood with great neighbors. My neighbors are for the most part older and appear to be well educated. My house is in a spot that allows me to be on 270 coming off of broad in less than 2 mins on the busiest day from my house. I average from my house to cassady and 14th in 5 mins with a max of 10mins on a rarely shitty day. I have done this schedule for nearly 10 years at this point. My neighbors all take really good care of the yards and homes. My only real concern with the burg isthat there are a few really shiity section 8 housing complexes which have developed over the years. Unfortunately these kids are bussed and spread out amoungst the school district do to the overwhelming number of them. Unfortunately most people know what kind of people and issues stem from a community like this. I grew up off of parsons ave next to te projects until I was 15 and never did I see such sorry excuses for parents and individuals as I have seen living in these complexes here in reynoldsburg. Also Reynoldsburg has a large renters community and with any community like that its hard to get voters to approve new $$$ for items such as school bonds and levy's. Other than that I am sure every neighborhood has the same issue's reynoldsburghas going for and against them.

e broad at 5 30 pm. That fucking town is a shithole.

I never use Broad for anything, even when I worked at DSCC

so many easy ways around it for Blacklick and Pataskala

I never use Broad for anything, even when I worked at DSCC

so many easy ways around it for Blacklick and Pataskala

Main Street flows much better then Broad street. I have just turned around and gone back home sometimes after hitting Broad at the wrong time...

Around 1993 when we lived in pickerington and still went to school in columbus, at arourd 5:30 every night you would literally get stuck at 70/256 for nealy 1 & 1/2 hrs trying to get onto 256. If it werent for that right there I would have moved to pickerington when I was looking to buy.

Westerville/New Albany>*around c-bus

LOL, are you kidding me? New Albany is nothing but house Nazi's that will bitch if a blade of grass isn't in the right place, and property taxes that are out of this world, homes that all look the same, etc. New Albany was great geographically for us, but we wouldn't even consider living there because of its significant faults.

Westerville is decent, but also has some crappy areas, is dry (who wants that?), and a lot of older homes / homes that are close together, which is why we never found anything worth buying there.

As for the Reynoldsburg/Blacklick area being shitty because of traffic...that's just non-sense. Traffic doesn't make an area a shit hole. I'm not looking to ever move back to Reynoldsburg, but I never had any issues with crime, plenty of things to do in the area, very convient shopping, reasonably priced homes, etc. Are there areas in Columbus that are better? Sure...you'll pay more for it too.

Westerville is decent, but also has some crappy areas, is dry (who wants that?), and a lot of older homes / homes that are close together, which is why we never found anything worth buying there.

#1 it's not dry anymore (hasn't been for ~4 years)

#2 have you ever been to 43082?

#1 it's not dry anymore (hasn't been for ~4 years)

#2 have you ever been to 43082?

#1: I haven't hung out there much since I dumped an ex that went to Otterbein years ago, where yes, it was very dry. That's a plus then. When my wife bought the condo years ago, she specifically didn't buy in Westerville for that same reason, so at least they have gotten wise to dry = bad idea.

#2: I have been to 082, and pretty much everywhere there is to be in Westerville. Some of it becomes a bit New Albany-ish.

I am not saying I am against Westerville (we tried finding a home there, and looked a lot), but they simply had nothing for sale that was something we would want for anything close to a decent price. Looked in Galena too (which is just north of Westerville); almost bought a house there, and IMO you get the use of Westerville with better land there.