Yard Watse.

Skinner

Pay the $1.90/week? Or live in a suburb that it's included? Honestly, I think that short of moving, your best bet would be to pay the $1.90/week seeing as how there is no way you can dispose of it cheaper, even at the free places. You'd waste just as much, if not more in gas/time taking them there every week or two. Just my .02, bexley ftmfw.

Pay the $1.90/week? Or live in a suburb that it's included? Honestly, I think that short of moving, your best bet would be to pay the $1.90/week seeing as how there is no way you can dispose of it cheaper, even at the free places. You'd waste just as much, if not more in gas/time taking them there every week or two. Just my .02, bexley ftmfw.

columbus doesn't offer it. and I'll pass on moving.

Bag it all up in brown yard waste bags and bring em by my house and you can line em up at the street. I have pick up Tuesday morning around 6...

Before I got someone to come get my leaves up for me I would have sometimes 50 bags at a time of waste...They take it all!!!

There's a place at Roberts and Dublin Rd. that takes yard waste, think it's a mulch company. Dunno what the name is, but their damn trucks dump branches all over the lawn of the company I work at.

Yeah thats where we go (in arlington) you just drive in and throw your waste onto the pile and leave.

heres the location: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=40.006777,-83.106744&spn=0.005892,0.013947&t=h&z=17

columbus doesn't offer it. and I'll pass on moving.

Columbus will be, in a way, offering it now. Coleman "worked" out a deal with Rumpke to do private collecting with a million subsidy from Columbus. So you will have to pay, just not as much now. You just need to call rumpke to set up the collection. Here is a Q&A thing my neighborhood emailed out to us from the Dispatch.

A pick-me-up: Yard-waste plan approved

Tuesday, April 7, 2009 3:05 AM

By Robert Vitale

THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH

The Columbus City Council approved a new yard-waste pickup program last night to replace the free service eliminated Jan. 31.

Here are the details of the new program:

Q: When will pickup resume?

A: April 20, but you can sign up starting today. Call Rumpke of Ohio Inc. at 1-888-786-7531, e-mail centralohio.market@rumpke.com or sign up online at http://www.rumpke.com/.

Q: How much does it cost?

A: $49.50 for six months of weekly pickup. Rumpke will bill only twice a year, though, so you'll pay that same amount whether you sign up in the first week or the last week of a six-month cycle. The second cycle will start Oct. 20.

Q: What does that cover?

A: People paying for yard-waste pickup will be limited each week to 15 total bins, paper bags or bundles, each weighing less than 50 pounds. Every additional bag will cost $1 extra.

Q: Am I required to sign up?

A: No. Columbus residents can haul their own yard waste to any of about a dozen sites that accept it free of charge. They also can hire someone to take it away. Composting is another option.

Q: Can I go in with my neighbors?

A: Yes. There's nothing in the city's contract with Rumpke that prevents groups of people from sharing the cost. But Rumpke will stop at only one of the houses.

Q: Can I toss yard waste in my trash?

A: You won't get in trouble for doing so because state law bans only dedicated loads of yard waste from landfills. Officials discourage putting yard waste in the garbage, though, because it is recyclable and adds to the city's trash-disposal costs.

Q: How much does this save the city?

A: Columbus paid Rumpke $4 million last year to pick up yard waste weekly at 230,000 households. The city is subsidizing this program with $1 million this year in hopes that 30,000 people sign up. If more do, the city's contribution will shrink. Even if more waste goes to the landfill, the extra tipping fees charged to the city won't come close to the $3 million saved, officials say.

Edited by FormulaMatt