my new yard

kirks5oh

Nice lot but why rent a huge building instead of building a nice garage with man room on that lot? Or is that the plan for a future time? With 5 acres I'd have so much fun!

the house we're renting has a 3 car garage--one space will be occupied by the wife's next SUV. one stall has some of the owner's stuff in it ( jet ski/ATV--he agreed to let me store it in the building). that leaves one stall for my car, as the other will have lawn stuff and kids toys in it.

when we build a house on this lot, i plan on two garages facing one another. one will have kids' stuff/daily drivers, the other will have my other cars, and will hopefully hold 6 cars with room for tools/benches/etc.. we'll see, i have some time to think about designs, and talk with a builder

Not going to ask an exact price, but ballpark, 10-20,000$?

inland, i bet those prices are pretty close. for lakefront lots, most lots are 2 acres or more--the house we're renting has 1.9 acres. lakefront prices are unfortunately not cheap--the neighborhood our lot is in has 12 lots--only 3 are not on the lake--they are about 6 acres each, and significantly cheaper than the other 9. its not 100% worth it to me (i like the water, but maybe not that much), but oh well--in this area, you don't build a big house unless its on the water, and the two other guys i'm working with have houses on the lake.