Some pictures of the Stealth

spankis

we found a mint 92 tt stealth in a barn in southern ohio car sat in a barn/ garage for years with a fried ecu we picked it up for 1500 bucks and it has 47k on the clock and we went to auto zone that same night bought ecu for 250 and it started up fine. The car is now a nice daily, the car is amazing mint, your car looks really nice.

Firstly, a 16.7 is a TERRIBLE time for a TT Stealth, guy must have been more than simply a "doucher" - maybe a true retard.

As for the barn find Stealth, that is an amazing deal, especially with ECU capacitors as the only issue. I know of a guy on the board for these cars who found a neglected TT Stealth that he had seen sitting a parking lot for months and months, and went through all the process of acquiring the title for the car and "rescuing" it. With as many of these cars that are parted out daily, they're becoming somewhat rare. Between that and H.S. kids being able to afford them now, and then promptly wrecking them or blowing them up....

And Clay, as for tinting the sidemarkers, I've strongly considered it as they do stick out a bit much. Instead of tinting the amber lense though, I'd likely replace it with a clear lense then tint that. Oddly they don't offer a clear lense in the U.S., however. Most guys end up fabbing their own by heating sheets of ceiling-mount flourescent lense material and sealing it the stock frame. It's pretty janky unfortunately, but I guess it can be done well.

Thanks for the compliments though everybody! You should all come to the next Cars and Coffee meet May 2nd!! :)

Lmfao yeah shitty driver indeed. My buddy has a N/A 3kgt and it went better then 16.7 bone stock.

Yea I don't know what I'd run for sure, but my car is pretty much the lightest DOHC model available. No sunroof, manual seats, manual transmission, no electronic suspension. The car was between 3300 and 3400lbs from the factory, and I've pulled around 100lbs since then.

Sadly I work tomorrow for the track day, so it will remain a mystery for now.

So...all you did was get VR4 ground effects for the body mods? Did you need to paint them?

Nothing wrong with the ceiling-plastic lenses...thinking about doing that for my truck's marker lights as well ($50 to replace old, faded lenses seems to be a stupid use of my money). Let me know if you wanna split a sheet...I think they're $15. :)

So...all you did was get VR4 ground effects for the body mods? Did you need to paint them?

Nothing wrong with the ceiling-plastic lenses...thinking about doing that for my truck's marker lights as well ($50 to replace old, faded lenses seems to be a stupid use of my money). Let me know if you wanna split a sheet...I think they're $15. :)

I did a bit more than just putting on some ground effects. I picked out the parts from all models and generations of Stealth/3000gt that I liked most, including some that aren't meant to be interchangeable, and made them fit. Some parts, like the sail panels, aren't actually supposed to replaceable or removable, so that was interesting. Same deal with the sideskirts, I had to remove some welded-on panels that are Stealth specific to make the 3000gt skirts bolt up. After all was said and done though, I have factory parts fitting with factory fitment quality on the car. And yes, it all needed painted, that was the only part I didn't do myself.

I kind like that fact that nobody can really notice all the details that were changed, that must mean I did it right ;).