Dyno Tune After Trifecta Tune

BCdawg57

Got my car dyno tuned today at IPS Motorsports.

The car previously had a mail order tune from Trifecta on it.

The first pull the car produced about 307whp.

The tuner said the car was running lean and getting some knocking in the upper rpm's. One of my o2's is reading on the lean side at idle, and im getting low voltage to my pcm. About 11.5 volts he said. Maybe a bad ground i'll have to look at it.

Anyway, he did his thing and i ended up with 335whp and 340wtq.:)

Can't wait to get it back to the track!

I got a pic of the graph for you guys.

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn71/bcdawg57/0422092043.jpg

The car has the hotcam, ported heads and supporting mods.

Edited by BCdawg57

saw it when eric put it on the rollers, pretty clean 3rd gen.

Yep, very clean car :) I was glad to hear you picked up so much power over the mail-order tune too. Thanks for stopping by!

PS -- Getting to watch the Super Snake dyno was just a bonus lol

Jeff

Yep, very clean car :) I was glad to hear you picked up so much power over the mail-order tune too. Thanks for stopping by!

PS -- Getting to watch the Super Snake dyno was just a bonus lol

Jeff

Jeff what did the Super snake put down?

Yeah it definatley feels good to get a good tune. He did say one of my brand new o2s was reading lean at idle, and I'm pretty sure I hear an exhaust leak coming from that side before the sensor. That could cause that sensor to read that way right?

And that super snake dyno was awsome. I can't believe how that blower drowned our the exhaust like that.

I'm pretty sure I hear an exhaust leak coming from that side before the sensor. That could cause that sensor to read that way right?

Yup.

A tidbit on the voltage (drop), even though the electrical system is designed to operate 9v-14v, vitals like the injectors and coil work best in 12-14V dc range. There are compenstation tables in the computer, but physical performance is still effected.

Cool. Well that leak just got a whole lot worse and now it's very noticeable. Going to have to locate and fix that.

My screw for my grounds in the firewall is stripped out, so I'll either re tap it or find some other solution and see if that helps me out.

Edited by BCdawg57

I readily admit I dont know anything about tuning a car, but whats a Mail order tune? I assume a tune is when a tuner makes necessary adjustments to the car based on how it is performing in front of them based on tests as they are being performed.

Mail order tune is where you send a tuner that is at a complete separate location from your car, a list of modifications done to your setup, and your computer, and he loads a tune on to the computer for what he thinks would be a good tune for that setup. Downfall is, he is not there infront of your car and he does not have a dyno. Most of the time they can get it close enough to run fairly well.

You cannot beat a dyno tune though where a tuner can make changes and use his equipment to judge what his adjustments did performance wise for the car.