2010 GT-R...Now with "Mud Escape"

CRed05

Well drrr... think about what it does... it effectively turns a 1600rpm stall converter into a 4500rpm stall converter... wtf did you think would happen??? It would get slower? Think McFly, think...

well, first off, i don't know too many that can afford a $70k car that would be stupid enough to take it in the snow or mud. hell, if they can afford this car, they can afford a second vehicle, 4wd, that could be better suited to snow.

second, whether or not nissan really intended for the "launch control" to really be used as launch control... they never stopped the press from advertising it as such. they also never said anything when motor trend, car and driver, and whatever other magazines tested it, in their presence using the technique. in fact there are several articles from when the GT-R came out that had nissan engineers on hand for the mag's testing the car, showing the testers how to use it.

they would continue letting the car be advertised as such and not say anything, then when trannies started breaking, they suddenly said "oh, it was never intended to be used that way, it's not launch control, it's get-out-of-snow control - you're fucked on your $20k tranny"

nissan still = fail

well, first off, i don't know too many that can afford a $70k car that would be stupid enough to take it in the snow or mud. hell, if they can afford this car, they can afford a second vehicle, 4wd, that could be better suited to snow.

second, whether or not nissan really intended for the "launch control" to really be used as launch control... they never stopped the press from advertising it as such. they also never said anything when motor trend, car and driver, and whatever other magazines tested it, in their presence using the technique. in fact there are several articles from when the GT-R came out that had nissan engineers on hand for the mag's testing the car, showing the testers how to use it.

they would continue letting the car be advertised as such and not say anything, then when trannies started breaking, they suddenly said "oh, it was never intended to be used that way, it's not launch control, it's get-out-of-snow control - you're fucked on your $20k tranny"

nissan still = fail

They dont have to say anything... its in writing, in the owners manual. When you take possession of the car, you are bound to the owners manual like a contract... if something breaks, and you haven't taken care of the car or missed used the car in any way, your warranty will NOT cover damage. If you just dont change the oil in your car, and it tosses a rod... guess what, you didnt properly maintain those parts so you're screwed. If you use a system that is intended by the owners manual for one thing, and then use it for another... guess what... you're fucked. Makes perfect sense to me.

Nice. Although, tranny barely holds stock hp, how the hell will it hold 800??

I'll take the S5 in those pictures, thanks.

Like I said, there is a simple fix. And this car has had zero issues of any sort. Its his daily driver, and I can assure you he has no problem beating the fuck out of it. :bangbang: