Nurkvinny is full of win.

zeitgeist57

Guest Removed
I didn't break the trailer...

Lightning fast reflexes on the "Post Reply" button there, boys...

i wasnt talking about the trailer. I was talking about vinny's ass :p

and we are not fast...you are just realllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy slow..

please upgrade your pc now

Wow, you're saying thanks... and you haven't even seen the repair bill yet.

Or the Grand Prix car rental bill.

Or the emergency after hours tool rental charge.

Or the broken key chain fee.

Or the imported bottled water price I gave to your dog.

Or the special wiring-in-the-dark fee fee.

Oh, and my Dad gets a consulting fee, minimum 2 hours for saving our asses from fighting alternator brushes for an hour.

... not to mention the $100 per day for the trailer.

:) No worries man. Good luck with your trip.

Cliff's:

A guy trying to borrow a trailer to attend a track day in Pennsylvania had his truck decide for him that the night before was the time to replace everything electrical on his '82 Diesel Chevy, 45 miles away from home in someone else's driveway. :)

There was baby puking, dog playing, car borrowing, tool borrowing, parts replacing, parts rigging, belt frying, and eventual success to follow.

Cliff's:

A guy trying to borrow a trailer to attend a track day in Pennsylvania had his truck decide for him that the night before was the time to replace everything electrical on his '82 Diesel Chevy, 45 miles away from home in someone else's driveway. :)

There was baby puking, dog playing, car borrowing, tool borrowing, parts replacing, parts rigging, belt frying, and eventual success to follow.

Minus the eventual success that followed, the rest sounds like a typical CR event.

Cliff's:

...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand it still died tonight, after said track day, when I returned the trailer.

My truck FTL. Driving I-70 at 11pm with 2V of battery juice going to the headlights, no other lights FTL and dangerous.

Vince...he's still the man.

Thanks again. I truly can't show my appreciation enough for all your help. :thumbup: :thumbup:

I still think there is an accessory pulling power from the (+) starter terminal and grounding it, but in addition I definitely agree that a starter-motor-to-frame ground strap is in order. The only grounds are from driver's side battery to A/C compressor bracket, Pass side battery to rad core support and frame. Adding a block-to-frame strap should help.