06 Ram - several trouble codes and SES lights

nurkvinny

Vehicle - 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 QC with 5.7L.

Story - My wife's Equinox blew a fuse and her suv had no spares. I look in the underhood fuse block of Ram, find one labeled "SPARE", take it out to use in her car.

The next day, I pull out of the driveway, make it about 20 feet, and 3 lights pop on and the speedo stopped working:

"BRAKE" "SES" and "ABS".

Truck still runs and restarts. Ran codes : D120, U1120, and U0121. I Googled all the codes, and found that the usual cause is a bad speed sensor mounted on top of rear end pumpkin. Got the part from Dodge, replaced sensor, made no difference (even after unhooking battery for 30 minutes and then explicitly deleting the codes).

As soon as the truck goes 10-20 feet, all 3 lights come back on. I went 80-90mph, and still no speedo.

So, yeah... help? Obviously, I want to avoid the dealership.

EDIT - and yes, I checked all other fuses, and replaced the "spare" fuse that I took out in case it was not a spare.

there is a tsb on that for rams replace speed sensor in the trans and all will be well

edit

just saw it was 4wd the speed sensor might be on the transfer case

For an 06? I am 90% sure the only speed sensor is in the rear end (reading off the ring gear maybe?)

ANYWAYS --- I fixed it. I went back out and took a spare fuse and one by one put it in the "SPARE" locations. One combination fixed it. Don't believe your fuse cover when it says a fuse is just a spare. :)

All lights off, speedo working.

Guest Removed

sure you was looking at the fuse map right?

some of those dodges are kind of funny

and unhooking the battery, does not work on OBDII car's. well most. in most only the ecu can erase them thru a code reader/scanner