Attn: F-Body Owners

Fiji ST

I am trying to get a new 2010 Camaro SS from GM for testing and I have run an article idea by them, and am looking for participants to show that my story takes presedence over other publications.

What I am thinking is having a get-together one day where a couple of the hardcore Camaro/Firebirds guys come together to give me their impressions on the new car, good or bad. Kind of like an "Old vs. New" type of thing. You guys can sit in it, crawl underneath, and I'll let those involved in the article test-drive the vehicle as well.

I'm looking for 4-5 guys, hopefully with one of the guys being from IPS or something. Maybe there's a Columbus F-Body organization or something here in Columbus and their president could come out. But I know there are a couple people on here that have these cars and would like to include you as well. I have a few people in mind, but I want to make I have a solid list before I make my decision.

If you're involved, you will have to be okay with me asking you questions and putting your name in the article. I would also like to use your car in a photoshoot if possible. Finally, and most importantly, I am taking this very seriously. I will be professional and I expect the same in return. I want to make this a great story, and I need people who are willing to be honest and open with me.

Now, the problem is my timeline. I will have to wait until June/July for the SS, but I can probably get a V6 model by the end of the month. Seems like a long way to wait. That's why I am throwing out the V6 option, but I'm sure everyone would prefer the SS. :lol:

So if you're interested, have an F-Body, know your shit and are cool with my parameters, let me know and I will.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no qualifications, but I would love to be involved. I'm only 21 and already on my 3rd Camaro. My previous ones being a 92 V6, an 87 Iroc with a 383 build, and of course my current SS. Please, please, please!

This is all preliminary for right now. I want to go to GM with a list of people to show them that this idea is a viable concept for them. The PR guy liked it a lot though, so I'm not too worried. But everyone's interest will be noted.

I'll definitely take you up on the help Brian. Would like some ideas where we can hold this little event that's close to a decent driving road. Was thinking somewhere south of 315 and use the windy section as a test route.

This is all preliminary for right now. I want to go to GM with a list of people to show them that this idea is a viable concept for them. The PR guy liked it a lot though, so I'm not too worried. But everyone's interest will be noted.

I'll definitely take you up on the help Brian. Would like some ideas where we can hold this little event that's close to a decent driving road. Was thinking somewhere south of 315 and use the windy section as a test route.

Cool beans

I would love to do this! My first F-body was a 94 Z28 I have a 2000 Trans Am and was raised around the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gen cars in and around the track.

I don't care if it is a V6 or the SS it sounds like it wouild be fun.

Let me know when and I can at least come and watch.

I sold my last Camaro (99SS) in 2002, but would also like to see this when it happens.

Mike

p.s. I still have a couple LSx cars and am looking forward to real tests of the 2010.

I think hes going for someone who is not biased by being a gm guy or owning a F-body. Neutral opinion based soley on what the car has to offer.

:lol: I kind of figured that out. Was screwing around with my statement. Thanks though.

I'm in, offer the car or just crowd filler with some knowledge.

Is it going to be like a "Road & Track" test style? Several tests comparing performance? Or just a physical compare?

This is going to be a comparison of the new car to the last generation. What I am looking for is whether Camaro/Firebird loyalists think the new Camaro is worthy of the nameplate in regards to appearance and performance when compared to the last generation.

Basically, does the new car continue to keep the love and reputation of the name.