opinions lexus sc 400/300

I've been extremely satisfied with my SC300 so far. Haven't had any trouble at all. The 2JZ-GE engine in them is fantastic. With a set of basic coilovers like I have in mine, they handle pretty well, look great, and are a dream to drive/ride in. Heated seats in the winter FTMFW.

That being said, I would be more than happy to take you for a ride sometime to see what one with a little bit of extra air in the engine feels like. ;)

screw the lexus, go with a jaguar XJR! badass cars!

Ummmmmmmmm............................................................................................................................................................................................................

No.

The Lexus is EXTREMELY reliable!My Dad has an LS400 (same 4.0 V8) with 330,000+ miles on it an still runs great with basic maintenance.SC's are great all around cars in my opinion.If I didn't have 3 kids and an IS300 I'd have one.

I think I would stay away from that 2nd one. Why would some performance shop sell a car that already have a swap for that car...

It looks like the same SC300 that comes to the Kroger meets lol..

The gold SC300 is Courtney's car who owns or used to own C and L Performance at Cooke and Indianola. The White car in the bottom right picture is pretty badass for the most part, but the gold car was to follow the white car and be up for sale, I guess he couldn't get it done.

The V8's big money pit is the timing belt/water pump job, otherwise the car is pretty reliable and well, the I-6 is pretty indestructable. (sp?) Biggest problem you will most likely have besides finding one is one with lower miles.

The gold SC300 is Courtney's car who owns or used to own C and L Performance at Cooke and Indianola. The White car in the bottom right picture is pretty badass for the most part, but the gold car was to follow the white car and be up for sale, I guess he couldn't get it done.

The V8's big money pit is the timing belt/water pump job, otherwise the car is pretty reliable and well, the I-6 is pretty indestructable. (sp?) Biggest problem you will most likely have besides finding one is one with lower miles.

They're out there. I got my SC300 with under 100k on the odometer. It all depends on how far you're willing to go for one (mine came from Florida).

They're out there. I got my SC300 with under 100k on the odometer. It all depends on how far you're willing to go for one (mine came from Florida).

Stick or auto?

what years were these bodystyles?

edit, I just cant get over the weight of these cars, but i guess cobra's and newer cars are just as heavy. Maybe i'll get a miata and 2jz that shit. haha

The SC300 was produced from 1992-2000 i believe. 8 years of probably my favorite car of all time.

Fuck the 2JZ Miata.

http://www.bobrk.com/maggie/miata1.jpg

+

http://skillmanracingparts.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/25534322.jpg

=

http://www.katb.org/KAFC/images/onairschedule/images/images/joe%20goofy%20face%20(1)_JPG.jpg

I'll be doing an LS1 install into my dad's '95 Miata as one of my next projects. :p

The 1UZ-FE in the SC400 is amazing! I have 2 LS 400's with the same engine. If you end up buying the SC400 I can work on it for you, I know that engine extremely well. Some 1UZ-FE's have gone over 500,000 miles. Also it was rated 1 of the top 10 engines of the 20th century!