xbox, xbox, live help

wnaplay1647545503

I dont know anything about the xbox, but my kids got one for christmas. Now my son has a gift card for x box live. He bought a ethernet cable and connected it to the linksys router. I went on my laptop and got the ip address, subnet mask, and default settings and entered them into the media center on the xbox. We did the test connection feature and it says its not connected. This shit is stupid the way theres so many options on this damn thing. games need an on/off button thats it. Any help is appreciated or if someone can walk me through it, that would great.

You shouldn't have to do anything with the media center piece. Just put everything on auto and it should connect.

You can go into the router and view the DHCP tables and see if the xbox is pulling an IP address.

There's a section on the xbox that will let you test your connection. I'd run that and see how it goes.

Seriously.. even a caveman could do it. :)

I go to game marketplace. It says join xbox live, I click ok, it then says you have to exit current session, click ok, then it says cant connect, I click test connection it comes to a netwrok settings page, I can configure connection, test xbox live test pc connection, test windows media center. My ethernet cable is plugged into one of the many open slots on back of the linksys router, is this right?

I went to configure network and put in the settings I got from my laptop which were the ip address, subnet mask and gateway/default. I click back and test the xbox live connection it comes up theres a problem with your connection I click more info and it tells me to turn everything off again.

Ok , I reset it to default which is automatic and it connected. Thanks guys.

pm me your gamer tag or post it here as mannnnyyy of us play online some during the day most at night...

what games do you have? i woudl recommend having ur wife go out an get forza 2 for you(only 20 bucks now i belive) an race online with us. on some nights we have anywhere from 4-8 people racing, very entertaining.

or call of duty 4 alot of us play

some play left for dead

gotta have grandtheft auto. nothing like steeling a cady an killing street hoes

an thensome random ones... enjoy it man im sure youll be playing it often over the next few months.

also if you get bored with some games theres a ton of us who have games that im sure would let you borrow. have fun man