Cheapest C5 you've seen?

Bam

I really want a C5, z06 would be nice, but not a priority. Just want a good base to start with.

Hopefully there are some out there around $10k, I've seen a few, but not common. So this is making me wonder if my goal is out of reach for a couple more years.

I would prefer to pay cash for it, that's the reason for the limit, mileage isn't really a concern, just want clean body.

So yeah, who's seen cheap ones?

Yeah, seems like $12-$13k with 100k is more common. Well, maybe it's a next years thing. That or I could settle for a camaro/formula, but really don't want that.

Yeah, seems like $12-$13k with 100k is more common. Well, maybe it's a next years thing. That or I could settle for a camaro/formula, but really don't want that.

Dont settle for something when you want something else...you'll never be as happy. You can however pick up an SS or Z28 Camaro for cheap and mod it :)

True, if I could find a nice ss/z28 6spd for under $7k w/ decent miles, the difference in cost might sway me, but after driving both and riding in both, the vette is much improved all around.

I have seen quite afew c5's going for around 11k. here was one at a stealership for 10,500 not long ago. Mileage doesnt scare me and I may pick one up this winter.

Where, if you don't mind sharing....

True, if I could find a nice ss/z28 6spd for under $7k w/ decent miles, the difference in cost might sway me, but after driving both and riding in both, the vette is much improved all around.

:) Thats y the sticker is more lol

Dont settle for something when you want something else...you'll never be as happy. You can however pick up an SS or Z28 Camaro for cheap and mod it :)

This is a sad reality for me, because my car is about worthless now. I love my car, but bought it new six and a half years ago.

I'd save for the Vette, because if you think a cheaper Vette has been beat on, an F-body would surely have had the shit beat out of it.

This is a sad reality for me, because my car is about worthless now. I love my car, but bought it new six and a half years ago.

I'd save for the Vette, because if you think a cheaper Vette has been beat on, an F-body would surely have had the shit beat out of it.

hahaha true.

:) Thats y the sticker is more lol

Oh I understand, and am willing to pay more for it, to an extent. No point to take out a loan for a fun, weekend car and if I have to wait another year, no biggie, I plan to keep it for some time.

Oh I understand, and am willing to pay more for it, to an extent. No point to take out a loan for a fun, weekend car and if I have to wait another year, no biggie, I plan to keep it for some time.

Then you just answered your own question lol :D

$five dolla? You don't sound very attached to it anymore...

Where, if you don't mind sharing....

If your asking about the dealership, I wish I could remember.. I seen it one day posted on craigslist(months ago) called and it was just sold. I cant remember where it was but I nearly pissed myself when I saw it. I would have left right there and then had they still of had it.

$five dolla? You don't sound very attached to it anymore...

Thats not it at all, it just bugs me that even though my car only has 53k miles on it, it really isn't worth a fraction of what I have in it. I paid about $27k when I bought it, and now with all the mods I bet it isn't worth $7k. It's just bothersome, I don't plan on parting with it so the money doesn't really matter.

Their out there, I just had an argument with a guy on craigslist who swore up and down I couldnt find a c5 cheaper than his $14K asking price. found 5 for around 11k in minutes. They werent local but he bet me his corvette I couldnt do it. I never got the corvette. If your willing to go to the car, their out there.

Thats not it at all, it just bugs me that even though my car only has 53k miles on it, it really isn't worth a fraction of what I have in it. I paid about $27k when I bought it, and now with all the mods I bet it isn't worth $7k. It's just bothersome, I don't plan on parting with it so the money doesn't really matter.

If ur happy with it as it is now or what it could be...fuck the $, I never add up what I have in a car or see what its worth cause it would just make me mad. Cars are not investments mmm k! :D

If ur happy with it as it is now or what it could be...fuck the $, I never add up what I have in a car or see what its worth cause it would just make me mad. Cars are not investments mmm k! :D

I'm not going to add anything up, that's just what it cost to get the title. Mine is a big investment, I put in all kinds of money because I'm clinicly obsessed, and have so much fun doing it. :cool: