Cheapest C5 you've seen?

Bam

I'm not going to add anything up, that's just what it cost to get the title. Mine is a big investment, I put in all kinds of money because I'm clinicly obsessed, and have so much fun doing it. :cool:

You sir are a certified %100 car nut....same here. :p

I wish I was like you guys....I get so caught up in the money thing sometimes it ruins it for me. For some reason that's only with the cars, I totally threw a budget out the window with the house, no fucking clue how much I've put in it, I *might* be able to guess within a $5000 window, but doubt it.

I'm not going to add anything up, that's just what it cost to get the title. Mine is a big investment, I put in all kinds of money because I'm clinicly obsessed, and have so much fun doing it. :cool:

I understand loving your car, but what is your goal? A cruiser, going fast, beating everyone on the strip? I dont understand dropping so much money to be a split second faster than the next guy. If you want to go fast doesnt it make sense to see what the fast guys are doing and just copy it? In essence everyone should all have the same shit. If I wanted to go fast, I would find what the guy who is going the fastest(relatively speaking) is running and just copy it. To me that makes sense.

I understand loving your car, but what is your goal? A cruiser, going fast, beating everyone on the strip? I dont understand dropping so much money to be a split second faster than the next guy. If you want to go fast doesnt it make sense to see what the fast guys are doing and just copy it? In essence everyone should all have the same shit. If I wanted to go fast, I would find what the guy who is going the fastest(relatively speaking) is running and just copy it. To me that makes sense.

That makes sense to a point, but you'll never be faster then that guy. I just want a good performing street/strip car, and I'm well on my way. My original goal was to run consistant 11s on motor, and 10s on spray without taking anything away from the car. I should see that acheived this year. Complete with stock style suspension, full interior, and every option the car came with.

Now if I had the budget to kick everyone's ass I'd be doing it.

That makes sense to a point, but you'll never be faster then that guy. I just want a good performing street/strip car, and I'm well on my way. My original goal was to run consistant 11s on motor, and 10s on spray without taking anything away from the car. I should see that acheived this year. Complete with stock style suspension, full interior, and every option the car came with.

Now if I had the budget to kick everyone's ass I'd be doing it.

Ball park it. You have $27k in the car and whatever you have in this motor, just to go consistant 11's. I just dont understand it and I wish I did.

Ball park it. You have $27k in the car and whatever you have in this motor, just to go consistant 11's. I just dont understand it and I wish I did.

What don't you understand? It's really a street car, the only things that really affect the drivability are the bigger stall, and locker. Otherwise it drives pretty close to stock, and thats what I wanted. A fun car that I could enjoy anytime I wanted. I like beating people, but that isn't the goal.

I dont know. I can see buying an expensive car and doing whatever you can to keep it looking as new as possible, thus keeping it worth as close to the purchase price as possible. It just always amazes me spending that kind of loot. Dont get me wrong, to each their own. What value would you place on your car when the engine is back in?

Or your stuck buying 3 by law.

LOL, that'd be FTW!!! Naw, for what I bid, I'd buy all three!! Only one might seriously be close enough that I might be able to work a deal on, the other's was just to get the ball rolling.

I put in a max of $6500 on two, they were both under a grand, one is up to like $3500 now, the other like $300. And the third I put $9500, but its only at like $5000, the buy it now is $12k so who knows...

I dont know. I can see buying an expensive car and doing whatever you can to keep it looking as new as possible, thus keeping it worth as close to the purchase price as possible. It just always amazes me spending that kind of loot. Dont get me wrong, to each their own. What value would you place on your car when the engine is back in?

Around $10k if that, but to me its priceless. It really isn't about the money anymore, it's more of an obsession. I had a loan on the car, but I got want I wanted. While it was expensive for me, I really don't veiw it as an expensive car. I'm doing what I wanted.

reg. c5's suck so much. there is such a huge difference between the two its not even funny. save your money or pay cash with half and get a loan for the other half and get a z. go drive both back to back and you'll know what i'm talking about.

info between the two http://forums.corvetteforum.com/1551356372-post4.html

look around more because Z's have come down in price too, i have seen a few in the 15k range.

plus fixed roofs are way sexier than the coupe.

Dont settle for something when you want something else...you'll never be as happy.

This man speaks the truth.

I went without a car for awhile to save up and then to wait till I found EXACTLY what I wanted.

plus fixed roofs are way sexier than the coupe.

I like coupes better

I bought my Z in Sept 07 for $30,800.00. The dealer was asking $35,000.00. It had 6,000 miles on it when I bought it. It now has a little over 8,000 miles. I would be afraid to even know what the car is worth. I doubt I could get $25k for it.

I'm looking right now for a 02-04 Z06 near ohio but they are all in TX and FL. I found an 02 Z06 with new 402 forged stroker with some big power, I'm tempted . I'm picky though so it might be a while before I find one. I just sold my WS6 and he is picking it up tomorrow. I will be with out a toy for a while. It will be rough.

I'm looking right now for a 02-04 Z06 near ohio but they are all in TX and FL. I found an 02 Z06 with new 402 forged stroker with some big power, I'm tempted . I'm picky though so it might be a while before I find one. I just sold my WS6 and he is picking it up tomorrow. I will be with out a toy for a while. It will be rough.

it's worth the wait.

get what you want, not what you can find. Most people settle then they end up selling and looking again.

get what you want, not what you can find. Most people settle then they end up selling and looking again.

quoted for the truth....i have done the exact thing numerous times. one reason why i have been selling off everything i own to get what i really want this time around. except i think i fall into the "never fully satisfied" category lol