Stang + Rain = Sideways

Dr. Apex

Well, I've been told how twitchy these cars can be, while merging on the freeway tonight the back end shot out on me right next to a car, I could barely keep away from the other car and I think he probably shit his pants!!

I do have brand new tires on the car and wasn't really on the throttle that much but fuck I didn't think live axle cars were this bad!! I'm sure some others on here have had similiar situations??

On a side note, I was able to do one hell of a stationary donut in my work parking lot doing about 7 full rotations before I stopped!!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I've been told how twitchy these cars can be, while merging on the freeway tonight the back end shot out on me right next to a car, I could barely keep away from the other car and I think he probably shit his pants!!

I do have brand new tires on the car and wasn't really on the throttle that much but fuck I didn't think live axle cars were this bad!! I'm sure some others on here have had similiar situations??

On a side note, I was able to do one hell of a stationary donut in my work parking lot doing about 7 full rotations before I stopped!!

I think it's time to learn how to drive in the rain then. :) It's not hard to get one loose in the rain, but you should know your limitations before it ends up being a smashed pile and you hurt yourself or someone else. Now I remember why so many fox-body mustangs ended up wrecked. Also, doing donuts in a parking lot/anywhere = retarded.

shouldn't be any problem in a near-stock stang with decent tires. i have absolutely no worries driving my GTO in the rain occasionally.

+1

I don't have trouble going onto a highway in mid-Ohio winter, let alone in the rain.

I do have brand new tires on the car and wasn't really on the throttle that much but fuck I didn't think live axle cars were this bad!!

BTW, what tires do you have.....

Some tires are just inherently horrible in rain, regardless of tread depth/age. A great example was the Kuhmo ASX's I got rid of recently....Piss poor in rain compared to just about anything else I have driven on.