ventless gas fireplace...

evan9381

anyone have one of these? how much are they, and should i expect to pay a lot to have it installed? im sure im going to have to get a plumber to do the gas line..

in my basement now, you go down the steps, theres a ~6x6 area, bathroom on right, laundry on left, then just past that, the room is about 23ft wide and maybe 12-14ft deep...the ceiling drops down about 8-10" pretty much in the middle of the room. i know that the main gas line is running through there, as the riser/whatever its called for the gas outside is right there.

would i just need to get someone to come in, run a new pipe thru the dropped ceiling and then down to the fireplace? is there anything else (major) i would need beside the fireplace itself, a mantle, and the piping for the gas line?

anyone have one of these? how much are they, and should i expect to pay a lot to have it installed? im sure im going to have to get a plumber to do the gas line..

in my basement now, you go down the steps, theres a ~6x6 area, bathroom on right, laundry on left, then just past that, the room is about 23ft wide and maybe 12-14ft deep...the ceiling drops down about 8-10" pretty much in the middle of the room. i know that the main gas line is running through there, as the riser/whatever its called for the gas outside is right there.

would i just need to get someone to come in, run a new pipe thru the dropped ceiling and then down to the fireplace? is there anything else (major) i would need beside the fireplace itself, a mantle, and the piping for the gas line?

Call Ray Hughes 614-390-8585,He is certified to do gas line and will be very thourough and straight forward with you.He is also very reasonably priced and cares about his customers.

One thing about ventless is, be sure to get the right size for the area. Many people go too large and that's where most problems occur. Not enough combustible and vent air for the flame and you run into carbon-monoxide issues.

killjoy - it looks like yours requires a vent, which is going to be too much work for where i want to put it...my basement is actually a half basement, and when im standing down there, looking out the window, the ground outside is about at my mid-torso level. below that is foundation brick, then obviously dirt on the other side.

rich - i'd hear what you're saying. i dont mind shutting it off and just busting out a lighter for the pilot the few times a month we'd fire it up

Ours has a push button igniter which only worked the first year. It still sparks but won't light the pilot. so now i use a lighter.

I did notice that our furnace runs less when we light it though.

we have one in our great room... just flip a switch and it's on... it's been great and does a good job of heating up the room... (mine was put in by M/I when the house was build so I'm not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for or not)

i think thats what my dad has in his condo he's renting now. its actually pretty cool to hit a light switch and it turning on.

i just want to find something to make the family room a little...whats the word im looking for...more full? all ive got now is tv and stand, L shaped couch, coffee table and 2 end tables, and a couple lamps, and the room is friggin huge