Dyno Tune Results Turbocharged 3.0 Noble

DTM Brian

My friend Chad brought out his turbocharged noble today to give some numbers with his new fuel pump upgrades. The motor starts out as a 3.0 duratec engine from the ford taurus and escape. It his twin t-28 turbochargers and uses a unique engine management system that only 2 tuners in the United States have access to. The tuner of this car has a 800 whp GTR. Back to the noble. This car weighs in between 2200 and 2300 pounds. :)

http://75.180.27.125:50001/Dyno%20Graphs%20and%20Pictures./Dyno%20Graphs/Chad%20Noble%203.jpg

Okay, dumb non-boost guy question, why does the boost drop off some up top? Those are really sweet numbers for a 3.0.

A few SIMPLE scenarios:

Boost leak (doubtful)

Turbo(s) can't flow enough (shouldn't be an issue in this case)

Wastegate spring unable to hold

Electronic Boost Controller settings not dialed in (actuator isn't reacting fast enough to keep curve flat)

I need to a search on this car. I havent heard of it. Put down some good numbers though..

nice

they are sexy ass fuck...you will occasionally see one or two cruising around columbus area over the summer. if you wanna see one in person, The Speed Factory or whatever on N. High St. usually has a couple in the show room

car need a finer tune and higher shift point!

I don't think Brian tuned it, I think he just put it on the dyno to get numbers. There are very few people in the us that can tune these from what I understand.

Here are a few pics I got with my phone...

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f279/cmaines01/pic2.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f279/cmaines01/05120911561.jpg

straight up badass cars! you don't see many around because the engine and chassis are sold as seperate pieces to qualify for kit car laws(lets just say they probably wouldn't pass our crash testing, lol, though they are sold as a regular car in europe because the laws are more enthusiast friendly over there). the only US dealer was 1G racing in hamilton ohio, but they changed their name to rossion automotive and apperantly relocated to florida. a few years back they bought the rights to the M12/M400 from noble(they replaced it with the M15), and started producing their own version called the Q1(same performance, more luxurious interior).

noble is developing a new car, the M600, right now. it has a twin turbo volvo V8 making ~630HP, and word has it that its performance will be along the lines of the ferrari enzo and porsche carrera GT!