6 Cylinder Beast from the past

Ringo

The Honda 1047cc CBX:

Any input ive been collecting them for quite a while with my dad and doing some work on them. There a great bike it was the first bike i ever rode and they look quite SeXy.

http://www.supershowevents.com/collection/moj5pics/moj5-honda-cbx1.gif

I remember when they came out and were hailed as the best thing since canned beer. I wanted one quite badly but couldn't afford one. I especially liked the swept sport-touring fairing that came out some time after the bike first debuted.

My motorcycle guru complained that they were not the easiest bike on which to adjust/sync the carbs. The values really took a nose dive for awhile, but I read about three years ago that they became collectable and even that some businesses now specialize in the rebuilding and resale of these bikes.

Great taste in bikes, man. :thumbup:

Yea now we are selling rebuilt bikes that are close to mint. By this i mean the only thing wrong with them is the nipples arent still on the wheels :). But they are going for 17000 for black mint ones now. Just sold one to a guy from australia.

Got some not as nice ones forsale doc if you still want to fullfill your child hood dream you can come look and pick your poison if you wish.

I am just working on getting one of those all cleaned up and polished up engine is screamin ready and just gotta flush the carbs and clean em out so they are spic and span and it could be yours.

I am just working on getting one of those all cleaned up and polished up engine is screamin ready and just gotta flush the carbs and clean em out so they are spic and span and it could be yours.

Well, perhaps. I'll think about it.

Some dreams are probably better left unrealized. I'm not the same rider I was in 1979. It might be better if I just stuck with my "old man" bike I have now. ;)

I rode the bike as my first bike when i was 15 and i was able to handle it as long as you have respect for the bike and you use your wisdom it will treat you like a god :)

Ill post some pics of how it looks when im done and you can let me know what you think?

Yea i haven't had any problems if you take care of the bike. And don't do anything after market. Brakes sometimes seeze after not riding for a while but that can be fixed by bleeding the brakes.

Well, perhaps. I'll think about it.

Some dreams are probably better left unrealized. I'm not the same rider I was in 1979. It might be better if I just stuck with my "old man" bike I have now. ;)

how is a ducati 999 a old mans bike??? lol