270 west

87GT

If you use a radar detector keep reading...

Yes I know everyone knows about cops always between 71n and 270w to dublin. I drive it everyday for work. And no I didn't get a speeding ticket today.

Usually there are the fall and winter months when they are not out at all. Well it has now became the season for them to be out. 3 times this week state patrol cars have been on the left.

Today has been the most extreme day. I was tagged by 3 groups of State patrols. First was 2 cars on the left side out of the car shooting Ka. They were not constantly shooting but they were doing it in short pulses. Since my detector never goes off I slowed down after 2 chips.

Fast forward 2 minutes down the road. Another 2 cars on the left pulse shooting K out of their cars.

Fast forward another 2 minutes down the road. 2 motorcycles using laser clocked me.

And as always there was a dublin car sitting in the emergency turn around right by the tuttle mall exit lane pointed towards 270 north.

Be careful it is that time of the year again.

The sneaky bastard is the OSP car that waits in the split/berm right at the Sawmill exit. You can't see him until you're right there looking at him as he's covered by the lanes exiting to the right.

They typically have 2-3 cars set up there. Usually the second OSP guy is on the far left and then under the bridge is where Dublin lines up the motorcycles at chase cars.

Warning too that at the same time during that trap, there's a cop on the Sawmill overpass. You can see his lights up on the bridge. He's the chase car for the folks exiting.

I've watch them in action from the Parking lot at Olive Garden. Bastard! ;)

Here's the map:

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/112833589.jpg

Today, a truck in front of me got tagged and waved over by a cop on a motorcycle at that exact stretch. I almost thought he was waving me over but I used the truck as a screen and kept going as he pulled over. I really lucked out.

Yep,I droveup to 270/sawmill and as soon as I rounded the curve just past 315 there were cops everywhere, but i always slow down right about there, ever since I got a ticket there about 6 years ago,itsnot worth it, they are around 90% of the time.

Today, a truck in front of me got tagged and waved over by a cop on a motorcycle at that exact stretch. I almost thought he was waving me over but I used the truck as a screen and kept going as he pulled over. I really lucked out.

That happens a lot with me too. I am always behind someone who gets pulled over.

Watch them, too, between the 71 interchange (north) and going east on 270, to the Morse road exit. There were two Sheriff cruisers today pegging drivers with their lazar deals. It is usually not that bad in that area, but they are staking out there lately. Usually, the only one is right past Westerville Rd and before 161 right past the divider...

• 3 weeks later...
Police also use Air to catch speeders between 71 and Sawmill Rd exit. Actually they hug all of that around there, I usually see cops in between the barriers round rush hour between 315 and Sawmill Rd. exit as well.