thinking about starting performance work

sprayin77

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol. yeah assured risk you are completely right on that. we already have stuff like that with the collision side. just got done dealing with one of those today. thanks for the input.

Jerry,

I working on pricing now for you in regards to tuning. :)

Guest Removed
Yes you should. In most cases, it can be much more profitable to be a big fish in a little pond rather than a little fish in a big one :)

Jeff

this little fish has been doing rather well , but thanks

He's fine. All he needs to do is take the location of his shop and name out of the initial post.

ant just left and is heading home...i was posting from his mouth

Just getting some input. sorry. not even sure it will happen just kickin it around

if you are busy doing other stuff, you can offer it out there, but dealing with parts is a big issue. and getting setup cost big dollar buy in's. and if you havent done a ton of performance work, what happens when a customer comes in asking what works best with this amount of money? then you throw parts and it, and the gains just are not there? now if you have normal customers, asking for that type of stuff then dapple with it. but hell i had one of my old employers come to me asking lots of questions and buyying parts from me, cause he knew i knew what he wanted to know. but its things like that, and other people and shops sending work to you.like i have here. most 90% of my work comes threw this sites, and a few others. and know your limits aswell. like i do normal maintance on german cars, but will touch touch them performance wise. unless its like suspension mods and what not. and yeah, most think i am a mustang shop, which is sort of true, but i have mostly gm background, which alot of people and coming to learn.hance why there ahs been so many f-body thur here..hell i think i have 3 or 4 sitting in the back shop right now. some general work, others getting major stuff done on them.

Guest Removed
I will set aside the whole day for you.

Better talk to Anythony and get your sponsorship up and going. :)

you never did come get your steak...:confused:

thanks for your input as well. Guys im not trying to take any work or piss anyone off by any means. I am just trying to get input to see if it is even worth the time money and effort. we are doing great in what we are doing now. but just want to do something that we actually like to do. and that is go fast and make cars faster. And for the combinations on cars we have a guy for that.

Guest Removed
No need to delete a productive thread when all you have do do do is delete one sentence.

he told me to lock it and im like i cant??????

its not in the tech section..so i dont care either way...

you never did come get your steak...:confused:

Just getting ready to PM you. Had two more walk in tunes tonight. Left the shop around 10:30 tonight. I must say my own Air/Fuel is a little lean. Time to hit the kitchen. :)

Sorry to hijack your thread Jerry.

:)

I did't think that this is a tech question? all i was doing is trying to get some input on a possible start to some performance work. i dont want any ones business off of here. we are on a main intersection on the way to a popular drag strip. all we have to do is set our cars out and put a sign out and business would start coming in. I just figured everyone on columbus racing seemed decent and friendly,so i just figured i would get some input on wich way to go with this

he told me to lock it and im like i cant??????

its not in the tech section..so i dont care either way...

You need..... more power ;)

I say dont worry about it. If you want to make money make an aftermarket hood for the f-body that looks sweet. The ram air look is getting old....

EDIT: Gearhead is in charge of the tech area. Thats why he said he didnt care.

Guest Removed
Just getting ready to PM you. Had two more walk in tunes tonight. Left the shop around 10:30 tonight. I must say my own Air/Fuel is a little lean. Time to hit the kitchen. :)

Sorry to hijack your thread Jerry.

:)

hell im still at my shop, and getting hungry again.:o

I did't think that this is a tech question? all i was doing is trying to get some input on a possible start to some performance work. i dont want any ones business off of here. we are on a main intersection on the way to a popular drag strip. all we have to do is set our cars out and put a sign out and business would start coming in. I just figured everyone on columbus racing seemed decent and friendly,so i just figured i would get some input on wich way to go with this

i was jumping the gun on it sorry, i read the top post with a admin sitting here, and i cant control this section is all i was saying. my open house is next weekend, stop by and we can talk shop. or stop by any evening...

We will show more power on the dyno tuesday. on our 99 it is running mid 10's right now. my 98 will probably be about 430 ish hp without spray. when it gets tuned on tuesday i hope any way. I might get the spray on there by then too.

Guest Removed
You need..... more power ;)

I say dont worry about it. If you want to make money make an aftermarket hood for the f-body that looks sweet. The ram air look is getting old....

EDIT: Gearhead is in charge of the tech area. Thats why he said he didnt care.

you know i dont play with body stuff...:o and just take the hood off and use true ram air...lmao!

i like my hood scoop thanks...lol old school on new edge FTW!