Body filler questions

Browning

Bought some evercoat body filler from summit to repair some spots on my bed. I haven't got any real experience with the stuff so it's trial & error.

Filled a couple super tiny dents on the bed side and got them as smooth as I could. Now that it's primered(rattle can) you can see the spots that were filled. I'm guessing the filler is still high on these spots but my hand/fingers just aren't feeling it.

I also filled a few spot on the bedrail and can't for the life of me get all of the waviness out. Any of you have any tips at all for this? I'll be posting a couple pics later today once I can get her back out of the garage.

are you using a file board or a sanding block? also they make guide coat that works really well. You can also use black spray paint. How this is done is you fix your area then you spray a very light dusting over the area that you are fixing. let it dry, start sanding on it until all of the paint is gone. If you have spots that are to high the paint will be sanded away first so you can see where it is low. and for a bed side if you are not using a file board it will take you twice as long to do this. hope that helps.

good luck

are you using a file board or a sanding block? also they make guide coat that works really well. You can also use black spray paint. How this is done is you fix your area then you spray a very light dusting over the area that you are fixing. let it dry, start sanding on it until all of the paint is gone. If you have spots that are to high the paint will be sanded away first so you can see where it is low. and for a bed side if you are not using a file board it will take you twice as long to do this. hope that helps.

good luck

using a sanding block. I figured using the gray filler primer would eliminate showing any spots but nope. I'll give the guide coat thing a shot. Thanks

what grit of sand paper are you using to sand your putty down? you should be using 80 grit for sanding putty down. the primer fills your scratches. will not fill any putty marks. If you have tiny dings you can keep using the sanding block. after you think it looks good spray your primer on heavy to where it wants to run. then wet sand it with 400 grit. then wet sand it with 1500 grit just to be safe. 1500 grit if it is silver. if not you wont see any scratches.