Help - Car wont start!

Diamonds

I have a Cadillac CTS 3.2L Manual transmission.

On monday i drove my car to an appointment. When i got back in my car after the 1-hour appointment i stuck the key in and tried to start it and the starter sounded normal and it cranked but the car wouldn't start.

It seems as if every time i tried to start it the starter would (sounding normal) crank for about 5-7 seconds even if i let go of the key. Regardless, the car would not start.

So i pushed the car out of the parking space (since its manual) and tried to start it again with no luck. the starter just kept winding (sounding normal).

For some odd reason i let it sit for 1 minute and tried again and it started right up.... and all of tuesday and even this morning it started right up, a couple times it seemed to take a little longer than normal judging by the length of time that the starter would wind before the engine started.

Fast Forward to 15 minutes ago. i went to go get lunch. The car started right up without hesitation and i went to go get some food. When i came out of the store i went to start it and the same thing happened as monday. The starter winds up (it almost seems like it sticks for 5 seconds and winds) and the car will not start. Everything sounds healthy but i get no startup...?

Help

the car has an onboard screen that tells me my battery amps, i believe it hovers from 12-14 amps. is that bad?

EDIT - i posted up on a Cadillac board and one response was that it was the crank positioning sensor often goes bad on these cars. coudl that be a feasible cause?

Guest Removed
the car has an onboard screen that tells me my battery amps, i believe it hovers from 12-14 amps. is that bad?

12-14 amps :wtf: i hope you mean volts

Guest Removed
yes, i meant volts, im a dummy. Hey Rob, let me know if a Crank position sensor sounds feasible, i might just need some service this weekend if you are open.

that could be it....cant say for sure at this point. ye i am open this weekend. but saturday has a cutoff do to the party/open house im having ;)