Folks that travel (corporate or otherwise)

Akula

I wanted to start a thread with travel a way to help people get discounts on hotels etc... As you all may or may not know, I travel for work. Since I do I have quite a few ways to save money on Hotels and Rental cars etc...

For instance, Blackstone Group has a pretty good rate at Hiltons if you use Corporate code N9880578

Anyone else have these types of codes? I have them for National Rental Car and Starwood Hotels (Sheraton, W, Westin, etc...)

You don't have to feel bad about using the codes, the way it works is they get that rate because they are going to have a certain number of occupied days, you are just increasing that. For instance, the Cisco rate for the Santa Clara Hilton was $150/night, but since they have so many people stay it got cut to $144/night this year.

If this thread doesn't help you or you don't want to participate, there is a back button on most browsers....

Do you have to show proof you are affiliated with that company?

When I traveled I just expensed everything so I didn't pay too much attention to prices. Especially when I traveled international. I think it was about 500 a night when I stayed in London for a week.

No, they never ask for a badge or anything. I didn't used to look, but since I took the attitude that I would make it as inexpensive as possible, the bosses now know I am not on a boondoggle and send me on more trips.

I did when I worked for Marmon group (a Berkshire Hathaway company), but I no longer work there. Sometimes all you have to do is give them the name and they find the discount for you. They might even give you the number. :)

You don't even need the codes many times. Just find the major companies in the city and call the hotel asking for their rate. I've never had anyone ask for a code or authorization.

Stayed in the W in Chi-town for $150 under Bank One back in the Day. Marriott in Indy under Ely Lilly, Portland Maine under TWC, and tons of places under $99 under the Panny rate :bangbang:

In fact I have the Marriot in Orlando WDW next month for 3 nights right on the Disney property for $179 night under the Panny Rate. Another vacation to Chi-town at the Homewood Downtown for $135 night including happy hour and breakfast.

I do it all the time. Hyatt O'Hare for Panny is now only $115. Get the tower rooms and have a wall of windows. We own that hotel and new bar. Nearly 50 Plasmas and projection screens in there.

i've personally used Huntington, Kroger, and Wells Fargo for car rentals. i am pretty sure Kroger Co. had the best rate and was around 45% off quoted price. i have never been asked to prove i worked for any of those spots, however i normally rent/pickup from the airport kiosks.

tom