chose me a truck

99ta

ok heres the deal my work is relocating to zanesville and my drive distance is going to double. I currently drive a 97 z71 only gets 13mpg. I have put up with it thus far but don't think I can handle a 60 mile one way at that mpg.

my req - 4x4, truck. need something with decent gas mileage. I know I wanting the best of all worlds but I need something better than 13mpg.

looking for personal experience. thanks

Guest Removed
ranger or tacoma both stick should get high teens mabeyyy low 20s if your lucky.. or get a diesel an tune for it mpg

or get a beatttterrrr civic an make a rack for your work shit on top... haha

do you just smash you hands on the key broad or what?

Is the added cost of a new truck going to be outweighed by getting a few mpg better? Not to rain on your parade, just wanted to make sure you thought about that. A lot of people jumped on the hybrid bandwagon for no reason other than because they could, now they're screwed.

Even if you found a truck that got 5mpg better,(which probably would be hard to do consistently w/ a full size truck) over 120miles each day you'd pay for 9.2 gallons in your truck, or 6.6 gallons in a new truck getting 18mpg, so saving you roughly 2.5 gallons of gas each day, or about $6.25/day. If you drove 5 days a week, for a month, that would add up to $125/month, can you get a newer, better mpg truck for that much or less, without losing money selling your current truck?

Didn't mean to ramble, sorry. Just my .02

You should definitely look into the newer full-size Chevys with the 5.3 V8. Like Ant said, they will do 17-21MPG all day. Once my Jeep sells, I will be picking up one of these.

I have also been thinking Cummins Ram lately. They do 20-23MPG unloaded, and will pull anything. I just dunno if I want the cost of maintenance with a diesel.

08 Tundra 4door 4wd, about 19-23mpg and I went 14.74 at 94 in it lol....

edit:It also pulls extremely well, pulled a 5-6000 pound load from cinci, cruise set at 80 and never knew it was back there, that was also no trailer brakes, it stops EXTREMELY well for a full size truck.

I dont NEED a truck. just want one I use it a lot for hunting and just general things. i have thought about getting a beeter civic or something but i cant justify have four veh for my wife and i.

What about 4wd rangers? they are a smaller truck.

I had a 2000 Jeep GCL 4X4 that got 20-21mpg on the highway. It had the 4.7 in it and it never left me stranded for over 60k miles.

I sold it in 07 for 7k and got my F150. The dealership sold it for 8500 a week later.

Cheap, decent gas mileage, good looking, and will go almost anywhere...and plenty of room inside for whatever. I used to sleep in it while camping...

couple old pics of mine... the color was my favorite... Im sad now...

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h197/jeepgclwj/DSCN0508.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h197/jeepgclwj/DSCN0511.jpg

I dont NEED a truck. just want one I use it a lot for hunting and just general things. i have thought about getting a beeter civic or something but i cant justify have four veh for my wife and i.

What about 4wd rangers? they are a smaller truck.

keep your current truck and get a cheap beater.

we have stock ram that gets 23, seen em get as high as 27-28.

duramax=worst mpg

cummins=win

7.3Lstroker=win

6.0L (05-07)=win

i drove a 24v 6spd for a while and got 33mpg city!

drove a c/c drw 7.3L w/450k and got 20mpg overall

thanks for the info guys. what kind of mpg will a diesel get with a tune?

there is one guy getting 23MPG out of a 2500HD on a modded motor.

and remember improving a low MPG car is a greater savings then improving your high MPG car. if you have 2 cars one that gets 15MPG and one that gets 30MPG what will save you more money? increasing the 15MPG car by 5MPG or increasing the 30MPG car by 15MPG? you would think the 15MPG jump would be better then the 5MPG jump but its not. you will save $4 every hundred miles going from 30 to 45MPG and you will save$6.67 every 100 miles going from 15 to 20MPG. this is all if gas was $4 a gallon.