Fastest Street Car In Columbus?

Main3s

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess we could go all over with this one:

Fastest street legal car with cats, on pump gas, drag radial only, no wheelie bar, stock glass etc....

-Original statement of it being able to drive 7 days a week, rain or shine (depending upon owner), and not get you pulled over by every local cop seems to be what was stated. There's about a million different definitions of "street car" to "streetable" to "street legal".

My definition,

If it has wheels and can be driven without you getting arrested, or endangering others lives its a street car. If your cars exhaust can make people in the other lane light headed from the fumes..... not a street car. If your car is so loud that people around you cant hear emergency vehicles... not a street car

Not all cars can driven in snow, not all cars have air bags, not all cars have extra seats, not all cars have 5 star crash ratings. You dont have to have ac, a radio, or any comfort feature. A cars primary purpose is to get you from point a to point b. Even if your car stalls at every light, as long as it starts back up when the light is green its still a street car. We dont have the emissions testion like other cities so I wouldnt include cats.

dumbass...gas stations sell 100 octane and higher leaded and they are completely legal...

I don't think you can get E100 anywhere close. I may be wrong I'm just not sure. I consider pumpgas to be

87/89/91/92/93/94/E85

WOW, 5 pages and only like 5 real responces. Jesus... I didn't know this would become a thread about the definition of a street car... I just wanted to know who had the fastest car? You know the kind that 90% of non "car people" would consider streetable. You know the kind that you drive to the track race and drive home... not the trailered cars. Got to love CR sometimes. :nono:

I'll give mark some props on his vette being a streetcar. Couple weeks ago he went 9.50's then drove the car from trails back to IPS because he let tommy use his trailer for his tbss. He got some funny looks leaving the track with the chute on it. I thought it was cool to see the car run mid 9's and then drive it back home.

Guest Eye_of_the_Beholder
Being an admin here is like volunteering to drive a horizontally challenged bus...

All in all...it's just pissing in the wind...

Guest Removed
WOW, 5 pages and only like 5 real responces. Jesus... I didn't know this would become a thread about the definition of a street car... I just wanted to know who had the fastest car? You know the kind that 90% of non "car people" would consider streetable. You know the kind that you drive to the track race and drive home... not the trailered cars. Got to love CR sometimes. :nono:

the sky is purple!

discuss!

yeah you gotta love CR..i love posting something off the wall, and watch it turn and twist.

but IMO,i knew this thread would go places and fast. just do the the fact everyone has there opinion...my term of street car is a very loose one. but you know what..thats me. i dont care what others think. it my car, and if you dont like the smell of burnt c-16, try to pass me. :D

All in all...it's just pissing into a hurricane with your mouth open...

Fixed :p

It needs chair-mounted nitrous. :)

Not a street car unless I'm the one sitting in it with a fire suit on.

Next time leave out the word "street car" if you want a straight answer. Specifically lay out what the car can and cannot have then ask whos the fastest. The second you say street car on any car forum this is going to happen.

Hey I just put #2 diesel into my truck. Its not longer a street truck. I cant drive it on the street anymore.

I agree, Sam beat me to the punch.... fuel has nothing to do with street driven. Diesels are maiking 700+ hp all day with twice the tq. How do you like that fuel variable?

dumbass...gas stations sell 100 octane and higher leaded and they are completely legal...

ugh, dumbass...the Clean Air Act banned the sale of leaded fuel for use in on-road vehicles. "Possession and use of leaded gasoline in a regular on-road vehicle now carries a maximum $10,000 fine in the US"

ugh, dumbass...the Clean Air Act banned the sale of leaded fuel for use in on-road vehicles. "Possession and use of leaded gasoline in a regular on-road vehicle now carries a maximum $10,000 fine in the US"

You can buy unleaded race fuel.