Long Shot: Need I phone part asap.

iwishiwascool

I am in the process of replacing my broken glass, during the step called: "Heat the screen for 3 or 4 minutes to loosen the glue" they dont tell you that doing so may melt the shit out of your home button. Nice.

I need a "middle frame" meaning the plastic frame that the LCD and glass mount to along with the home button. If anyone is delaying repairing theirs (as I did for a while) and wouldnt mind waiting until next week when mine gets here from ebay, I will hug you. Or feed you beers.

I realize that, but if my volume button falls off I think this isn't the place i'd come looking for one.

Desperate times.

The cracked screen issue is beyond common. The repair from Apple is $200. The DIY repair with OEM china shipped parts is $30 including the glass, digitizer, tools, adhesive, the middle frame, and shipping. It would have been an easy fix had my heat gun not harnessed the fires of hell.

I am sure I am not the first CR member to DIY this, I thought someone might have the parts on hand.

I've not done this one , But I'm happy to see there is a way to fix it if I break mine. I have a case but the case has been giving me issues.

My old Ipod I replaced the battery with aupgraded one it was awesome. I bought a second one later with dead battery for cheap.

I've not done this one , But I'm happy to see there is a way to fix it if I break mine. I have a case but the case has been giving me issues.

My old Ipod I replaced the battery with aupgraded one it was awesome. I bought a second one later with dead battery for cheap.

how hard is it to do this? i had an older one...2nd gen maybe, and the battery would charge super fast and last A LONG time. i lost it a few months ago and just got a refurb current gen, and it seems the battery doesnt last as long.