Where to MI-2 parts?

launchin1st

my dad just picked this up,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MI-2-Helicopter-Twin-Turbine-Engine-w-seating-for-9-NR_W0QQitemZ260418494672QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Aircraft?hash=item3ca226e0d0&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A12|39%3A1|72%3A317|240%3A1307

what a bastard.

cant wait till he gets it restored. i guess it needs a new rotor shaft/hub assy.

anyone have any family in russia?

it sold for 24k and is worth 225k.............. ???

yeah i get it there is no reserve, but come on...

There is most likely structural damage on the airframe. His dad will have to inspect it for cracks and signs of stress. If there is any damage it is going to be very costly to repair.

Top several inches of the main rotor hub hit an overpass during transport and it is unknown what the complete damage is to the helicopter if anything beyond what is visible. Visibly, the hydraulic resevoir that sits on top of the main rotor hub was knocked on impact. A side window was compressed and broken on impact and there are small folds in the sheet metal at a few points around the helicopter. The unknown is if any damage was done structurally to the airframe and if that damage would compromise the helicopter in flight."

• Upvote 1

IIRC those have a very high crash rate. I dont think I would get in it once it is fixed. That thing is going to need a complete tear down inspection and most likely a rebuild of the power plant, transmission system, flight controls, etc. I would guess he will have more in the rebuild than what the original value was.

That has a twin turbine power plant. If those are damaged it could cost upwards of 100K each to rebuild.

try here for parts http://www.aero-concept.com/Pages/Spares/Mi2_spares.html

Edited by HAOLE

he may just assemble it and set in his hanger. fire up the engines every now and then to make noise.

he has already had offers on both engines and rotor blades.

he was looking at a s55t. very nice,fully restored. but i showed him this as a joke.

i think i will try to talk him in to a hind-24.

he already a brand new fully loaded twinstar and 2 other sea planes.

i wish he would share his toys.

he may just assemble it and set in his hanger. fire up the engines every now and then to make noise.

he has already had offers on both engines and rotor blades.

he was looking at a s55t. very nice,fully restored. but i showed him this as a joke.

i think i will try to talk him in to a hind-24.

he already a brand new fully loaded twinstar and 2 other sea planes.

i wish he would share his toys.

He is either LOADED or in a lot of debt!!!!!!

http://www.fradycomputing.com/legodude522/Pictures/roflcopter.gif

lol

he's loaded.

but doesnt share shit.

at least he sends a little xmas money still. just enough to do something, but never enough to help out.

but i get to look at all his cool shit once a year or so.

so when i see this in person, many pics will follow.