Wheel medic for 'very' damaged rims

Trouble Maker

How much can they do?

My dad forgot to tighten down a caliper mounting bracket bolt all of the way and it fell out on the highway. This was on the 'leading' edge of the caliper and it dug a hole all of the way around the inside of the rim until it punched out a small 'hole'. The metal is all still there, it's just moved a little bit. The rim obviously holds no air right now. I am thinking they could probably do it, but haven't talked to them yet.

In your experience would you trust a rim with that damage that was 'fixed'?

BTW, another +1 to Capitol Towing. They took care of getting his car home, I've also had them tow a car. Great guys!

if it cut the wheel all the way around, I would just get a new whee

There is a grove all of the way around, but it's not cut through all of the way around. There is one small spot, probably an inch or so in diameter that is 'punched' part of the way out. That's what caused the rim to 'fail' so it won't hold air.

If this can't be fixed, or fixed reliably, we will look for used or refurbished ones. I found one online for ~$250, but the dealer wants $600 for a new one.

How much can they do?

My dad forgot to tighten down a caliper mounting bracket bolt all of the way and it fell out on the highway. This was on the 'leading' edge of the caliper and it dug a hole all of the way around the inside of the rim until it punched out a small 'hole'. The metal is all still there, it's just moved a little bit. The rim obviously holds no air right now. I am thinking they could probably do it, but haven't talked to them yet.

In your experience would you trust a rim with that damage that was 'fixed'?

BTW, another +1 to Capitol Towing. They took care of getting his car home, I've also had them tow a car. Great guys!

What kind of car and wheel. I can get you one if they cant fix it.

What kind of car and wheel. I can get you one if they cant fix it.

2003 Maxima SE

These are the rims if you can see them in that pic. 6 round spokes that end up flat out at the outside of the rim.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/30/2003_Nissan_Maxima.jpg