WTB: Wakeboard!

hot_wire

As the title says, I'm looking for a wakeboard or wakeskate. Don't know much about them, other than the fact that I'm not trying to spend $300 + for a brand new one!

Hopefully yours is:

Not pristine

Has adjustable bindings or bindings that are size 11-12

Cheap (relatively...)

Shoot me pictures and a price of whatever you've got. If you upgraded, and your old beater board is still taking up room in the garage, perfect!

Thanks!

Ed

Junk boards = junk riding.

I have a Hyperlite Imperial 143 I am selling. Blank board, you need to buy your own bindings. Never, EVER settle for cheap bindings; they can cause injury, and you can't ride nearly as well with them.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=168&pictureid=1793

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=168&pictureid=1794

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=168&pictureid=1792

$200. Board is almost new. Figuring you want a size 11-12 binding, you are probably are a bigger dude, and would need a longer board like this one.

I have a hyperlite Byerly with bindings and a carry bag. I need to get it out of the boat for pics. I am not sure of the size yet. The bindings are a bit tight but I like em that way. Not sure if they can be adjusted any bigger but I wear a size 10 shoe. I will let go for $225. Let me know if you want pics. Hasnt been ridden very much at all. Comes with 2 fins.

Junk boards = junk riding.

Hmmm I was hoping to spend about $150 for board and bindings. Do I need to man up and raise my price point? Or is a junk board okay for a junk rider? I know how to waterski and snowboard, but I've never ridden a wakeboard.

I was looking for a more worn board with bindings that my friends and I could all ride (with shoe sizes ranging from maybe 10-14).

I have a hyperlite Byerly with bindings and a carry bag. I need to get it out of the boat for pics. I am not sure of the size yet. The bindings are a bit tight but I like em that way. Not sure if they can be adjusted any bigger but I wear a size 10 shoe. I will let go for $225. Let me know if you want pics. Hasnt been ridden very much at all. Comes with 2 fins.

Thanks for the offers! Keep em coming. I was just looking to spend a little less since I have no experience. Adjustable bindings would be real nice too since I won't be the only rider....

Edited by hot_wire

Hmmm I was hoping to spend about $150 for board and bindings. Do I need to man up and raise my price point? Or is a junk board okay for a junk rider? I know how to waterski and snowboard, but I've never ridden a wakeboard.

I was looking for a more worn board with bindings that my friends and I could all ride (with shoe sizes ranging from maybe 10-14).

Thanks for the offers! Keep em coming. I was just looking to spend a little less since I have no experience. Adjustable bindings would be real nice too since I won't be the only rider....

I started on a cheap board. I would damage a part on the cheap bindings EVERY time we went out, until about the 6th time when I tore the binding in half. That was pretty awesome; that's why I have my Gator Saints now.

The cheap board snapped after only a few more outings with my good bindings...seems when you are able to ride harder, you are more likely to put stress on the boards.

Cheap shit will make you unhappy, period. You may not even want to wakeboard. I am only selling this board because I like a super loose board (most people don't), and got a Liquid Force Omega to replace it.

This Hyperlite is known for super soft landings, even in the flats, and a lot of pop off the wake, and tracks very well. Has detachable fins, but no one ever uses them, as the molded fins are more than enough. Excellent board for getting air.

My boards are Obrien I believe all 3, if not at least one. I'd let the oldest one for for $50, with bindings and fins, it's really in great shape but probably 5 years old. We probably used it for 2 summers and then its just been sitting in the garage.

LMK if you want to spend more and I'll look into my other one and see what brand/model it is and the bindings, but it'll be more.

Wnaplay, I appreciate the price negotiation, but I think it's too much of a commitment for me since I've never boarded. It would be a lot more tempting too if the bindings fit. Ideally I'd find fitting bindings and a board together.

NitrousBird, the advice is wise, but I really want to start with something affordable (for this summer) until I get better. Hopefully I can get a cheaper board to last this season. I'm not planning to be doing any flips quite yet.

Hopefully 99TA can pick up one of your nicer boards. Being in college, price is just too important to me.

SDYC00GT, You're speaking my language! haha. The garage cleanout is perfect. I'd appreciate pix of the $50 Obrien, and would definitely like to see the more expensive board as well. Maybe we can find a middle gound between a low end "junk board" and a flawless hyperlite! Although, if you managed to ride the $50 Obrien, I'm sure my friends and I could make it work as well.