boat/jetski people

SRTurbo04

So ive been looking for a boat or a waverunner for a a bit now. an i am noticing there are alot of skis for sale for 500 or under with blown motors. are jetskis hard to work on in general(not brand specific) an if so would finding an engine an odds an ends parts be a difficult task. ide love to get one ready to run just dont want to drop 2k or more on yet another toy?

even if i find a deal on a running one is there any thing i should look for when looking it over/testing it?

I dont know if you saw it or not but I responded to you before, take a look at Greenhulk.net You will prob learn more about any of the types of skis than you care too. Also there are a lot going in the classifieds. They are really easy to work on. Basically just like any other toy you have just wrapped in a fiberglass shell. My advice to you if you want something cheaper and fun look for an older sea doo XP. they will still do 60 and are fun/unstable (in terms of handling) skis. If you have any questions regarding any of them just give me a shout.

I dont know if you saw it or not but I responded to you before, take a look at Greenhulk.net You will prob learn more about any of the types of skis than you care too. Also there are a lot going in the classifieds. They are really easy to work on. Basically just like any other toy you have just wrapped in a fiberglass shell. My advice to you if you want something cheaper and fun look for an older sea doo XP. they will still do 60 and are fun/unstable (in terms of handling) skis. If you have any questions regarding any of them just give me a shout.

Yea I've been on that site every second since I sent it thanks. A lot of good info. I have been steering twords an old seado xp or I belive it was a gts or gtx?

Theres a lot of those companies that went out of business for a reason.

Buy one from a company that is still in business, a lot more likely you will find parts for them.

yea I've been lookiong at seadoos yamahas an polaris.

Yea I've been on that site every second since I sent it thanks. A lot of good info. I have been steering twords an old seado xp or I belive it was a gts or gtx?

If i were you I would try to stay away from the 3 seaters. I have two GTX's and Andrew has one as well. They are good ski's but they dont move like the sportier two seaters. Its all in the handling. It makes your ski a whole different animal. Yes my ski is fast but its a damn bathtub in the water. I can stand on one side of it and it will barely budge. Sometime I enjoy ski's like Shantons more because its more fun to play with. If you look for one way too long it will roll over. I have see him make moves with that ski that Ive never seen anyone else do before on anything and it can do a whole lot more "fun" things than mine can. You will quickly be unhappy with a 3 seater I am sure of it. Especially if you come out with us and ride someone elses. You will get to watch why we throw ourselves off time after time and you wont be able to do the same.

Buy a ski that the company is still making them, period.

I have had good luck with my polaris however I had to replace the MFD multi Function Display and that cost me $300 "Thanks to linn" And my trim broke witch I still need to replace.

Its hard to find parts for polaris skis.

I would stick with a seadoo or yamaha as for they are abundant in parts and service.

My Polaris SLX 1200 will do 62mph however its got a shallow hull and will toss you off at full speed if you hit a bad wake....

GP1200 are nice.

Buy somthin cheap you can do 40-50 with at first tear the shit out of it your first year turn around and sell it for what you bought then buy a fast one.

I love my ski, mine wont do 70 like chris's but 60 is fun too.

Make sure if you buy a ski the oil injection is in working order or you have to pre mix it on older 2strokes.

Andrews ski eats more oil than gas, lol

My 97 Yamaha's take a lot of abuse and have been reliable for the past year. They're 760cc which means good gas milage, but not as quick as the 1200's. (50mph vs 65mph).

I second the idea about getting a two seater. I've got one two seater and a three, and I can tell you which one I prefer to ride.... However, the three seater is required if you're tubing/waterskiing, and is nice if you're riding with someone who doesnt want to get tossed around/wet.

And yes, jetskis are very simple and easy to work on. Everything's very straight forward except for the carbeurator. I've only worked on FI cars, and these carbs are just confusing and developed before my time! Hit me up if you understand jetting.... My top end needle needs some kind of adjustment.

Buy a ski that the company is still making them, period.

I would stick with a seadoo or yamaha as for they are abundant in parts and service.

Yeah that is why I suggested the Sea doo XP. It has all the charactoristics of your ski but still has more parts available than my ski even though they dont make it anymore.

I wanna know when were cutting open your waterbox. I mean you do have a whole week until we have to get it back on the water. You can finish the waterbox and make a homemade intake like I did. Then we should be able to do some prop adjustments.

Yeah that is why I suggested the Sea doo XP. It has all the charactoristics of your ski but still has more parts available than my ski even though they dont make it anymore.

I wanna know when were cutting open your waterbox. I mean you do have a whole week until we have to get it back on the water. You can finish the waterbox and make a homemade intake like I did. Then we should be able to do some prop adjustments.

I have today off..........

Im lookin up stuff on it rioght now:p

you lucky bastards i emailed this guy about a 96 yamaha for 600 everything worked on it ect said he needed cash cause he had court an needed to pay off his dui. lol but he said he got a flood of emails an i was 2nd in line an it sold DAMMIT!!!

I lied, Im goin into work now fuck...

chris where you at this guy has dual setup....

I'm gonna try and find another waterbox before I cut mine up or try a straight pipe:p Youtube 1200cc with straight pipe pretty sexy.

Fuck today off, go to work and take tom off. We are going to Cedar Point damnit!:D

P.S. Let me know if you feel like going out tonight. Me and Eric are meeting my buddy from Boston in the arena district. We are starting kinda early so I can call it a night kinda early

Fuck today off, go to work and take tom off. We are going to Cedar Point damnit!:D

P.S. Let me know if you feel like going out tonight. Me and Eric are meeting my buddy from Boston in the arena district. We are starting kinda early so I can call it a night kinda early

lodge bar has decent drink specials tonight but thats about it for good specials in the arena as wednesdays are slow as shit!!

WHAT YOU need to do is go to sloopys an get 2 pitchers of liquid x (5 bucks a piece) an then go to arena. youll be reall buzzed from sloopys an wont spend much money in teh arena

Heres you a couple decent cheaper ones. The newer 951s are a little bit better but obviously a bit more expensive. I don't know how much your willing to spend but these are a driveable distance away and a decent price. Hurry up and buy something and get your ass out on the water next Thursday so I can walk all over it.;) Really though, you will have a great time, we always do. Hell Shanton and I can even have a good time going by ourselves.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1994-Seadoo-XP-650-w-trailer_W0QQitemZ130311594042QQcmdZViewItemQQptZPersonal_Watercraft?hash=item1e572d203a&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1171%7C240%3A1318

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1995-95-SEA-DOO-XP-LIMITED-800-787-JET-SKI-SEADOO-BOAT_W0QQitemZ370209914950QQcmdZViewItemQQptZPersonal_Watercraft?hash=item56323b0046&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1171%7C240%3A1318

lodge bar has decent drink specials tonight but thats about it for good specials in the arena as wednesdays are slow as shit!!

WHAT YOU need to do is go to sloopys an get 2 pitchers of liquid x (5 bucks a piece) an then go to arena. youll be reall buzzed from sloopys an wont spend much money in teh arena

Is there any place down there on a wed that are good? Its the only night my buddy can go out and I wanna go somewhere enjoyable. I have obviously been out of the game for awhile. A lot of stuff has changed.

Is there any place down there on a wed that are good? Its the only night my buddy can go out and I wanna go somewhere enjoyable. I have obviously been out of the game for awhile. A lot of stuff has changed.

I just started drinking.... lol, I got alot of shit to do at my place Ill call ya later see if im sober enought o make it down Party hard mang!

Paul, that yellow seadoo isnt to bad that gp800 got alot of hours on it for 3k.

There was a a nice boat on her for sale for 2800. Its a steal. I would get it before a ski.

yea i saw that. dont have that kinda cash so trying to get financed for it.

How much are you looking to spend?

1k or under in cash anything over going to try to get financed for it.

problem is i have way too many toys right now trying to justify not paying alot ahhhhh

Sounds like you are unsure of what you want. Theres many different types of boats and most allow for different uses. Once you narrow down what you want a watercraft for, it will make your search easier. the best boat I have had was an old pontoon boat I bought at auction. it was just a flat surface when I got it. The seats had rotted from years of sitting. For $200 i was able to make all new seats and cover them with new vynil. i took pics of a new boat and just made my own(it didnt hurt I worked as an apprentice at a auot upholstery shop many moons ago). The boat turned out looking like new when I was done. It had a small motor on it but with built in coolers, a table, and built in grill, everyone ended up docking to the pontoon all day with the radio blasting. I towed my jetskis behind it incase I wanted to go fast but it was nice to just hang out. And with gas what it is, you can literally burn hundreds a day in fuel with a speedboat. I dont know about anyone else but going fast is fine for awhile but hanging out is far better. Get a cheap pontoon and fix it up however you want. best bang for the buck and they keep their value.