Gun experts...

HotCarl

He had an obstruction in the barrel. If I was to guess he accidentally stuck the barrel in the dirt/mud while walking and plugged it. Or he may have fired a shot before that one and the bullet never left the barrel. The chamber pressures are so high that can happen.

When I was in Basic training, a guy got a cleaning rod or bore bush jammed in his m16 (we don't fire m4 in basic) and the barrel, upper receiver blew all apart and fucked his face up pretty well...

shit happens

He had an obstruction in the barrel. If I was to guess he accidentally stuck the barrel in the dirt/mud while walking and plugged it. Or he may have fired a shot before that one and the bullet never left the barrel. The chamber pressures are so high that can happen.

This. He most likely caked the barrel full of dirt. You can see a big brown shit go flying in the slo-mo.

When I was in Basic training, a guy got a cleaning rod or bore bush jammed in his m16 (we don't fire m4 in basic) and the barrel, upper receiver blew all apart and fucked his face up pretty well...

shit happens

So the guy knew it was in there and fired it anyways? :confused:

This. He most likely caked the barrel full of dirt. You can see a big brown shit go flying in the slo-mo.

thats why you get those little barrel covers that you can shoot through

So the guy knew it was in there and fired it anyways? :confused:

I've had brushes, jags, and patches come off in the bore at times, so I can see how it could happen. But I don't see how somebody wouldn't NOTICE their brush was missing, I always did. Besides, the last cleaning step after an oil patch is to CHECK THE BARREL FOR OBSTRUCTIONS.....

or put condoms on the end of your rifle.

Or just use a piece of electrical tape.

That's a pretty crazy video. I've seen pictures of barrel obstructions causing bulged barrels and partial splits, but I've never seen anything like that outside Looney Toons.

I'm not going to say it was fake, but they welded the barrell of a 30-06 shut on mythbusters and it didn't blow up like that just bulged out some. something is up with that shit

I don't remember what profile barrel the Mythbusters used, but that appeared to be a sporter profile barrel, which are thin to begin with. I've seen other guns that have done the same thing. It's definitely not unheard of.