Looking for dog for parents

JaSSon

My parents lost their dog to cancer last month. Aside from missing their dog in general, she also misses the companionship at home, so she wants another dog.

What they are looking for in a dog:

-Smaller breed (ie, under 20 LBs.)

-Not a fuggin brain dead breed

-not a yappy breed.

-She wants a younger dog. 6 months to 1 year would be ideal.

-house broken is a big plus

If I think of anything else I'll add to this post.

Guest tbutera2112
look into miniature schnauzers... mine has a nerve problem so shes kinda retarded...they clipped her ears bad and hit a nerve....other than that my dog would fit your description...except shes like 14 lol...but its something to look into...and they dont shed which is why we bought one

Schnauzer actually seems to be a good senior dog, so do poodles. Both dont shed, but hve to be groomed.

Mini Dachsunds are also a nice, happy dog too, very small and not hugely loud..

(full size dachsunds, imo are a bit more territorial and can be harsh tempered when feeling protective)

Smaller dogs, protective, and strong companionships.

Only problem i have with them, is both are noise makers.

we have a beagel an shes 22 pounds they make amazing dogs if you find one that wont howl (which we did woo) shes very affectionate an very loyal. they were such good dogs that we picked up another one 2 months ago. an they play great.

also a min pin was a good small dog that my brothers gf had

I have a Minpin that I've had since I found him back in November (was unable to find owners and didn't want to leave him at the pound). He's well behaved, isn't really yappy unless there's a disturbance. Very sweet dog, loves to cuddle.