Brake Issues

87GT

Does this make sense to anyone I haven't got a straight answer from anyone since I owned this car. It is starting to annoy me now.

97 chevy cavalier with abs

The previous owner said he abused the car a lot by pulling the e-brake while driving to spin the car around. He said he had someone at GM look at it and they told him the ABS Valve was damaged and it would cost more then $900 to fix. The main problem I notice is that the car pulls to the right when braking. Also when ABS engages it holds the back wheels for too long before it disengages. When you are on ice or wet road it feels like the rear end jumps off the ground.

Also just starting last week I have noticed when I drive for a really short period and park the car into a parking spot the car makes a squeaking sound. Even more so if I turn the wheel all the way. Then when I straighten out and drive it makes the sound ever second or less. If I press the brake a little bit the sound still happens. If I really press the brake hard enough to not engage ABS the sound stops but starts right again when brake is let off. If I drive a long distance or use the highway this doesn't happen.

Does this sound like broken ABS to anyone or maybe one of the calipers are squeezing the wheel hard then the other wheel? Brake pads,rotors, and wheel bearings were changed about 13 months ago. It didn't fix the issue.

Have you checked codes on it? (Many cars have the ability to check the abs codes. Even my old 89 Supra will throw abs codes that can be checked.) Have you actually thrown it on jackstands and you and a friend physically check the braking system, yet?

Have you checked codes on it? (Many cars have the ability to check the abs codes. Even my old 89 Supra will throw abs codes that can be checked.) Have you actually thrown it on jackstands and you and a friend physically check the braking system, yet?

There is no CEL showing but I scanned it anyway and nothing shows as a code. Yes we have checked the braking system. Everything looks normal but I think the right front brake caliper has been replaced sometime in the past The screws look newer then the other side of the car.

Sounds like a stuck caliper if when you brake it pulls to the side. Could be the ABS. The pulling I think is from the stuck caliper though. Unless the ABS sensor Actually IS messed up and then applies more pressure to one side of the car when braking.

if the car pulls right you have a stuck caliper or bad hose on the left front

take off the wheel and use a screw driver or small prybar and see if the caliper will go back if the caliper won't move or its hard to push open the bleeder and see if it pushes back easier if it does the hose is wasted if it doesn't replace the caliper for best results replace calipers and or hoses in pairs so they move the same amount of fluid

fix the front first and then see how the rear acts with the abs on if it still fucks up let us know