Any other Kindle or Kindle 2 Owners?

TTQ B4U

Got the original Kindle upon its introduction in October 2007. Use it almost daily. I especially enjoy the free books/novellas, and have also used the "Try a Sample" frequently. I use the Notes & Clippings feature a lot and search within the text a lot. Also, I am more likely to look up words/references I don't know just because it's so easy.

It's good to carry with you for those frequent times you have to wait for 5 minutes and have nothing to do. The Kindle daily blog is also excellent to alert you to new publications. I've also used it to purchase single copies of newspapers.

I would LOVE to have a kindle, but i have a real issue with paying full price for a book, and still not physiclly owning the book.

most are like $9.

like you though, I don't want to pay full price so I've been buying used books, but for me the idea of keeping 1,500 books on my Kindle 2 makes traveling with my library much easier :)

I would buy one if I wasn't such a cheap bastard. Not really sure how comfortable I would be reading on it also.

It's awesome. The new K2 reads just like it's dark text on white paper. You can edit size of the text and spacing between lines too. In dim light you use a book light just like normal.

What happens to your library in say 5 years when a different technology is available? Will your books be in a format that can be transferred to the latest greatest e-reader? Say you drop the reader and ruin the screen, are the books gone or is there a reliable back up? I'm intrigued by the Kindle 2, I just have some reservations about it.

What happens to your library in say 5 years when a different technology is available? Will your books be in a format that can be transferred to the latest greatest e-reader? Say you drop the reader and ruin the screen, are the books gone or is there a reliable back up? I'm intrigued by the Kindle 2, I just have some reservations about it.

The books you purchase are backed up by Amazon so if you damage the unit or upgrade, they are kept on record.

Exporting them to a pdf or other type of file format isn't something that can be done or hacked right now...that I know of, but I know it's in the works.

I am waiting for the Columbus library to start letting you sign out books electronically before I buy a Kindle. The technology is there, it's just a matter of who writes it first.