Hi-Point Carbine

BloodRed

So what do you guys think about the Hi-Point Carbines? I know a lot of people have bad things to say about Hi-Point. I have one in the 9mm handgun and it was a good gun. I never had any major problems with it, just was looking for something different and actually sold it to someone on here.

Back to my question, I am looking to get one of the 9mm version. I have found they have quite a following and there are some nice looking accessories and such for it. The ATI replacement stock looks great on them and really changes the look of that gun.

So does anyone here own one or have owned one? And what did you think of them?

I can't give a good recommendation for these things. I have sold guns for years and you get what you pay for....

There may be some good ones out there, but I've yet to see one. I don't buy a gun just to "play" with, though... I have a gun to perform many, many functions.

my uncle has one and ive got one, havent had a bit of trouble out of them yet and we have ran a pile of misc factory loads and reloads thro them, had one ftf once and bumped my OAL down a bit and never had one ftf again.....

i will admit they seem to be cheaply made but hey for just plinking and messing around its served fine, its accurate with stock sights, in a gun fight tho im not 100% sure id grab it first tho

$170 for the carbine. $50 for the ATI stock.

$220 total....why not? Cheap gun for cheap fun.

Exactly what I was thinking. I don't expect it to be the most amazing shooting gun out there, but something fun to take to the range.

I had one for 6-8 years that I just sold recently to a friend. I put around 10-15k rounds thru it. The only time it jammed up maybe 2-3 times. And honestly it was due to improper cleaning.(Or lack thereof)

define run?

I've put thosands of rounds through it. My father shot it quite a few times and said the accuracy was not bad at all.

Standing on a clean indoor firing line and throwing a round or two down-range every few seconds is not running a gun hard.

Want to test it out? Go throw it in a sloppy mud puddle with the magazine out and the slide open. Throw a loaded mag in and drop the slide. Then report back to us on how well it functions.

Want to test it out? Go throw it in a sloppy mud puddle with the magazine out and the slide open. Throw a loaded mag in and drop the slide. Then report back to us on how well it functions.

Well just like 95% of all guns out there, I am sure it will jam.

I know Greg is going to kill me for this......

I have had one for years now and I love it. Nate shot a clay pigeon out of the air with mine. It feels cheap but honestly I love the damn thing. Have probably 5k rounds through it and cleaned it after the first time I shot it thats it! I run the hell out of the gun and it works fine.

I've had the .45 for 6 or 7 years now its easily been fired 20k plus times

I think I paid 100 bucks for it new came with a lifetime warrany and they build them right here in ohio

keep it cleaned and it shoots good doesn't seem to care what you feed it

mine has never jammed even shooting reloads

I've had the .45 for 6 or 7 years now its easily been fired 20k plus times

I think I paid 100 bucks for it new came with a lifetime warrany and they build them right here in ohio

keep it cleaned and it shoots good doesn't seem to care what you feed it

mine has never jammed even shooting reloads

mine has never jammed either and it is the only 9mm we have that will fire the israeli machine gun ammo.