Taxes? Confused?

Radio Flyer1647545514

So I filed all my taxes and all that what not a while back, but my mom claimed me so we could get some more money back since I was a student.

I had some money in a money market that we withdrew for school this year and the tax on it was 1200 or so. I pay that, then get a letter from Ohio tax saying I still owe 170 dollars, pay that and all is good.

Now today I get a check in the mail for 1300 dollars as a refund? Why? There is also a notice saying, if you believe this check is for to much you will have to mail it back, you will receive something in the mail in a few days. But why would I get this check anyway? I'm confused and want to know if I can spend some of this money.

Step 1: Note who the issuing agency is (Federal or State).

Step 2: Call them and ask "But why would I get this check anyway? I'm confused and want to know if I can spend some of this money."

Step 3: ???

Step 4: Profit!?

I filed and all that good stuff, but it was just to show that I made what I made and I don't think I was supposed to get anything back at all, I mean I owed money.

Apparently the way I filed the first time I was supposed to get back this 1400 but when double checking it looked as if it was wrong.

If I get to keep it I'm not complaining by any means, but I need my dogs balls cut off and this money helps.