VE question

Cereal_Killer

Last week I had my truck up on the dyno and got the tune a lot better, the AFR is right where I'm commanding it and its running good. Today I compared my tune to the stock tune and my VE table is about 10% lower than the stock one. I dont understand how that can be, my motor is a hell of a lot hotter than a stock motor so how can it be less efficient?

I wish I could answer but I'm still used to how you tune subies. I'm learning about Chevy stuff which is all VE based but I don't know enough.

I'm interested to see possible answers and explanations.

Who cares? Seriously, as long as you're getting whats commanded, it will shift a few other tables slightly, but that's why you tune VEs first. I'm not experienced enough to know what causes stuff like that, but between cylinder volume and IFR might not be spot on. I'm not sure I'd worry about it, hopefully one of the more experienced guys chimes in and maybe I'll learn something too.

Both Idle and off idle, actually my idle VE is almost 30% lower than the stock idle VE.

Idle AFR is 14.5, fluctuates a little though but idles good at 850, right where commanded.

edit, now that I think about it my IFR might be a little lower than actual, I have fuel pressure set 2psi higher than stock but never changed the IFR in the tune, how do I figure IFR?

Last week I had my truck up on the dyno and got the tune a lot better, the AFR is right where I'm commanding it and its running good. Today I compared my tune to the stock tune and my VE table is about 10% lower than the stock one. I dont understand how that can be, my motor is a hell of a lot hotter than a stock motor so how can it be less efficient?

is it 10% lower all the way across the board or just in the lower RPM range is the vehicle cammed?

Its all in my signature, the cam specs are with the 1.6RR's I'm running, the heads are port matched only but have other machining done to use screw in studs, guide plates and the springs recommended for my cam.

I've looked back at my tune and the IFR's are correct for my fuel pressure, only thing I'm not sure about is the injector offset, does fuel pressure change offset?