anyone know someone who works for bobby laymen?

thorne

My friend just bought a car that they sold to her broken and they knew it. The car when filled up reports empty and the gauge reads wrong and it throw a check engine code.

why I say they knew it. They would not fill the car up when they bought it. Seriouslly I've never once in my life not had a full tank when i bought a car and I've had allllllot of cars.

There are a few things. They told her they would not fix it and she had to wait till the warranty kicked in which at that point it would cost her 100$ to get fixed.

The loan is not processed with her bank yet she's looking to getting it halted put on hold or other wise cancled out.

So a few things. I used to know linda laymen as I used to do her pc repairs a few years ago. But I don't know what store she is at now.

If the CEL is a emmissions problem arent they violating the federal clean air act?

She's had the car 5 days but like i said the loan is not finished can she take it back?

Or does anyone know someone so she can get it fixed free and go on her merry way.

She's really upset and feels like they really took advanatage of her and her husband.

thanks send me a pm if you can help or reply. I can't believe in this economy a dealer would slight someone like this.

Thanks, It's really a shame that shes being treated like crap.

it all depends if the sticker said as is they do not have to do anything I bought my mustang and 3 days later 10 of the 16 valvesprings broke with me driving the car a total of 45miles and it happened while i was letting it warm up

Have you looked into the Lemon Law in Ohio? I know in Texas you would have a case. You are a sweet little cranberry thorne

Lemon Law only applies to new vehicles.

I've not had a good experience with Layman. I bought my Cadillac there, and three months after purchase, I was replacing head gaskets. They wouldn't buy me a tank of gas either. Overall, I was thoroughly disappointed with my purchase experience there. What should have been an hour and a half deal tops, ended up taking over 3 hours. You'd think that someone coming in and doing a $1700 cash deal for one of the wholesale lot cars would at least get some gas. Hell, I did them a favor by taking that car off the lot for them!

Guest Removed

layman jerked me around on my truck..buyying a $11,000 truck off the used car lot in cash..and i barely made it to the gas station...

and they took to long to get me the title...

there are some lemon type laws for used cars too...just have to read up on ohio's laws on it..each state is different on those laws

Regardless of the law if the loan has not been processed she has the right to rescind. If she had a trade in and they got rid of it before the sale went through, then your friend can REALLY fuck the dealer and definitely has the upper hand. As of right now the dealer still owns the car.

For everyone's information, a dealer does not have to disclose ANY damage on a used car unless it is a previously salvaged or fleet vehicle, or it has had problems with its odometer.

Bill, I tried to call you. Contact me if you want help please.

Guest Removed
Regardless of the law if the loan has not been processed she has the right to rescind. If she had a trade in and they got rid of it before the sale went through, then your friend can REALLY fuck the dealer and definitely has the upper hand. As of right now the dealer still owns the car.

For everyone's information, a dealer does not have to disclose ANY damage on a used car unless it is a previously salvaged or fleet vehicle, or it has had problems with its odometer.

yeah we had one they sold someone a kia, the loan didnt go through, and we did like $4,000 worth of work to there old car...well when the loan fell through, they brought the car back, and got there old car back with everything fixxed..either way it worked out for them.

they have to disclosed service and inspections when they advertise it and etc. ask for the paper work, and you will more then likely get it. pay attention to the tech's notes..normally that will tell the tale.(if they seen something) but some used cars places with dealers dont inspect like they should

This=win

The loan is not processed with her bank yet she's looking to getting it halted put on hold or other wise cancled out.

She's had the car 5 days but like i said the loan is not finished can she take it back?

Or does anyone know someone so she can get it fixed free and go on her merry way.

Pretty easy fix. She drops the car back off, hands them the keys & refuses to sign the loan. On the way out the door, she should stiff arm any salesperson in her way.

FYI There is no right of rescission in Ohio when it comes to cars. If the dealer has a contract that they CAN process and is approved, then the car is hers unless the dealer agrees to take it back on their own good will. If she has to re-sign any documents, THEN they are fucked and you can drop the car on their door step. Your best bet to get anything resolved is to call Benny. If they say he isn't at the Chevy store, call the Lancaster store.

http://www.ag.state.oh.us/press/08/02/pr080213.pdf

See page two of that document.

FYI There is no right of rescission in Ohio when it comes to cars.

That isn't 100% accurate. there are several reasons that one may rescind a motor vehicle purchase in Ohio, and they are all listed in the ORC. If the contract was dependent upon the customers "approved lending", then there is still an out. I looked for more that applied in this case, but could not find any.

How many miles are on the car? Federal Law says the emissions system must be warrantied for 8 years or 80k I believe so it would have to be fixed.

I bought my Mustang from them and I was treated very well and had a couple minor issues.