Taurus SHO

93toNV

It's not my fault Ford had to get a japanese motor in their cars in order for them to do anything ;).

Actually, its still a Ford block, it was sent to yamaha for special treatment :) And our N/A motor is STILL able to run right with your SUPERCHARGED motor...LOL man I knew I could get you to fire back..he he all in good fun man! ;)

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, its still a Ford block, it was sent to yamaha for special treatment :) And our N/A motor is STILL able to run right with your SUPERCHARGED motor...LOL man I knew I could get you to fire back..he he all in good fun man! ;)

No its not.

For the prototype SHO they did use a ford block, but when the completed prototype was sent to Yamaha (entire car) they decided that the Ford block was not capable of spinning at 7k reliably. They scrapped the block and made their own.

The entire engine in the V6 cars is Yamaha sourced. I can't remember exactly, but I think the V8 was only Yamaha for the intake manifold-hence the blown cams.

Guest Removed
No its not.

For the prototype SHO they did use a ford block, but when the completed prototype was sent to Yamaha (entire car) they decided that the Ford block was not capable of spinning at 7k reliably. They scrapped the block and made their own.

The entire engine in the V6 cars is Yamaha sourced. I can't remember exactly, but I think the V8 was only Yamaha for the intake manifold-hence the blown cams.

something like that....

No its not.

Winnar.

I almost acquired a 90 MTX, but got my old Talon instead.

I made the smart choice....:p

I spent some time in a v-6 auto in high school and it sucked. Always breaking down, random sensors going bad, and wasn't that fast. I'm sure a 5-speed would have been better, but sheesh! The owner was well off and maintained it, it was mint! Just unreliable. I remember the seats were pretty cool, with inflatable bolsters or something. And forget getting to that rear cylinder bank.

Guest fist302
30-120mph sounds like a good run...

That would be perfect, maybe start at 20 or 25 since 30 is pretty high in my 1st gear. Shoot me a PM and we will make it happen. Know anyone with a camera? Gotta record the battle of the old school people movers :bangbang:

That would be perfect, maybe start at 20 or 25 since 30 is pretty high in my 1st gear. Shoot me a PM and we will make it happen. Know anyone with a camera? Gotta record the battle of the old school people movers :bangbang:

Battle of the retards ?

I saw a new one yesterday, it's a huge car and has an automatic......

4350lbs, automatic transmission, AWD 365hp etc. A few guys on the shoforum were part of the release and talked to the engineers. They said they limited the power because of the weak transmission. C&D also said it had horribly weak brakes. Sounds like they picked up where they left off.

Yah I agree on the v6 being better both in speed and on how reliable they are. I just made this thread because I was excited I just got another SHO. Its and 89. Man I missed hearing those secondaries open up, gives me that warm tingly feeling again! :D

Oh, and I figured buck wouldnt like this thread. Hes Mr. Buick. and we all know shos like to eat those S/C GTPs and Buicks :p

:confused:

Almost bought an early 90's SHO a month or 2 back. This thread pretty much summed up why I changed my mind. That and owning 2 cars with zero potential seemed like to much fail for one person.

zero potential? I understand what you are talking about with the Galant, but im not quite sure why you seem to think SHO's have zero potential...:confused:

zero potential? I understand what you are talking about with the Galant, but im not quite sure why you seem to think SHO's have zero potential...:confused:

Theirs just simply better cars for the money youd have to pay to maintain an SHO, even more if your building on it. That and the only thing the SHO's really had going for them was the yamaha built engine which by now has surely racked up an ungodly amount of miles (along with everything else on the car).

Edit: What I'm getting at with the zero potential is, car is passed its prime, their are better cars for the money, etc, etc, etc.

Theirs just simply better cars for the money youd have to pay to maintain an SHO, even more if your building on it. That and the only thing the SHO's really had going for them was the yamaha built engine which by now has surely racked up an ungodly amount of miles (along with everything else on the car).

Edit: What I'm getting at with the zero potential is, car is passed its prime, their are better cars for the money, etc, etc, etc.

Ah ok gotcha. I do agree the car is past its prime, but it still does have alot of local followers and parts are pretty easy to come by. Oh and SHOs arent really bad for the money. Is there any cars that you would consider in its class as far as performance and luxury for under 2k?

Ah ok gotcha. I do agree the car is past its prime, but it still does have alot of local followers and parts are pretty easy to come by. Oh and SHOs arent really bad for the money. Is there any cars that you would consider in its class as far as performance and luxury for under 2k?

Did you just say Taurus and Luxury in the same sentence ?