Taurus SHO

93toNV

My point was that you were saying all of these negative things about it just because of something a reviewer wrote in a magazine. Answer me this...have you personally driven the new SHO? Do you know for a fact how the brakes feel, how the transmission shifts? NO you go off of what you read. So when you are crying about me not liking people having opinions, you are wrong. I hate when people take the opinion of someone else and type it here as it is their belief. That makes you the sheep, not me. It doesnt really matter dude, you just keep reading your reviews and let the reviewers make your mind up for you. If I want to know more about a car. I go out and drive the damn thing myself. :asshole:

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I did! SHOs are a luxury car whether you want to believe it or not. How many SHOs have you ever driven?...let alone rode in. Your bias for audi is getting quite annoying. You are one of those snobby audi owners that think just because a car doesnt have the name Audi plastered all over it, that it isnt worth your time. Well get your head out of you a**!!!! There are other cars out there that even OUTCLASS the audi's.......and the SHO IS one of them! :gtfo:

I don't think a Taurus will outclass an Audi ever.... even the new SHO is way over priced, you can get a lot more value for your money.

from my experience in a SHO it rode like ass, had terrible brakes, and the acceleration was just moderate, this was in a 91 SHO 5 speed. Thats just my opinion.

Guest Removed

If you weren't such a girl you would notice that certain people on CR have very distinct personalities. People like to jokingly give people crap, ride people about breaking down, make fun of certain cars they don't like but in person they are very nice people. Just like any forum there are some people that are dicks, and some that are stupid, but that is universal. There are dozens of people that would try to help you in any way they can. I received help from a local shop on my intake and he didn't charge me a thing. There are also members that throw huge get togethers on their dime. There are vendors have give CR members discounts on products and labor too. So yeah, your right, nobody cares about anybody on here.

fuck you you none intake making mofo....have you been to one of the cookouts? oh yeah i think you stopped by the open house. i hate/love you too..;)

Guest fist302

Audi fags are balls deep in this thread. Whats wrong? To much bang for the buck for ya? That something you guys prolly dont know much about when you put down the equivalent of a down payment on a house for your drive to work. I find it funny that and a 20 year old FWD ford taurus has got your asses all defensive.

The new SHO is cool because it brings back the name, but i agree its pretty damn expensive for a taurus... and to hear its gonna have a weak tranny just like the old one brings it close to failure. The reason i like the 89-95 SHO is these days it is a VERY cheap way to get a interesting car with lots of luxury and overall good performance. Is it a POS it many ways? sure its got plenty of problems but for those of us who enjoy them they are very fun. How many cars have a engine made by yamaha?

By the way i smoked a audi turbo something another in my SHO once. It was not stock either. He wasnt very happy about it but i thought it was funny.

Audi fags are balls deep in this thread. Whats wrong? To much bang for the buck for ya? That something you guys prolly dont know much about when you put down the equivalent of a down payment on a house for your drive to work. I find it funny that and a 20 year old FWD ford taurus has got your asses all defensive.

The new SHO is cool because it brings back the name, but i agree its pretty damn expensive for a taurus... and to hear its gonna have a weak tranny just like the old one brings it close to failure. The reason i like the 89-95 SHO is these days it is a VERY cheap way to get a interesting car with lots of luxury and overall good performance. Is it a POS it many ways? sure its got plenty of problems but for those of us who enjoy them they are very fun. How many cars have a engine made by yamaha?

By the way i smoked a audi turbo something another in my SHO once. It was not stock either. He wasnt very happy about it but i thought it was funny.

Sure audi's are more expensive to maintain but its not that bad if you DIY. German cars have good build quality and drive very smooth compared to any american car I've ever driven, I'm not saying theres not good american cars I just choose to not drive them.

BTW my Audi's 2.7l engine was designed by Yamaha, atleast it doesn't sound like a lawnmower with an exhaust. I'd be glad to race your fwd Taurus any day of the week. And the audi turbo you probly smoked was a 1.8t, they run 16.1 second quarter mile stock....

Guest fist302

SHO's dont sound that great from the outside but on the inside when the secondaries open its one of the most pleasing sounds i have heard come from a car.

I didnt know the 2.7 was designed by yamaha, thats pretty interesting. I figured the germans wouldnt do such a thing!

EDIT: Audi's are nice but alot of the people i have met that drive them are elitist douches.

SHO's dont sound that great from the outside but on the inside when the secondaries open its one of the most pleasing sounds i have heard come from a car.

I didnt know the 2.7 was designed by yamaha, thats pretty interesting. I figured the germans wouldnt do such a thing!

Yeah I didn't know about the 2.7 being designed by them either but one of my teachers mentioned it...Im going to try and find the article I read about it, its similar design to a motorcycle engine. The S4 was chasis was only designed to have a 4 cyl in it but they managed to squeeze the 2.7 with 2 turbos in it somehow... I'll admit they suck to work on but a blast to drive.

3.0/3.2 vs a TT2.7...wonder what that outcome would be

Not to worry, the SHO will win! Why you ask? Well because the Audi driver will probably wreck checking out some guy in shorts!

Seriously Audi guys, give it a rest. Build quality? You have no room to talk shit on the SHO, seriously. In the early 90's era Audi's were manufactured with one wheel in the junkyard. Now the late 90's, you might have a little on the SHO of that era. As for the new one, ok maybe you brake and handle better, but lets consider same class...The new SHO is considered a full size platform, so lets pin it up against the A8. I think I can upgrade my brakes and suspension for alot less than an A8 Costs!?

I started out just stating my experiences with both cars, but you guys want to bash the SHO, clearly we are not comparing the same kind of cars here, but come on lighten up.

Not to worry, the SHO will win! Why you ask? Well because the Audi driver will probably wreck checking out some guy in shorts!

Seriously Audi guys, give it a rest. Build quality? You have no room to talk shit on the SHO, seriously. In the early 90's era Audi's were manufactured with one wheel in the junkyard. Now the late 90's, you might have a little on the SHO of that era. As for the new one, ok maybe you brake and handle better, but lets consider same class...The new SHO is considered a full size platform, so lets pin it up against the A8. I think I can upgrade my brakes and suspension for alot less than an A8 Costs!?

I started out just stating my experiences with both cars, but you guys want to bash the SHO, clearly we are not comparing the same kind of cars here, but come on lighten up.

Ironically, we are the ones being "light" on the subject good sir. :)

I think you hit the nail on the head, with the same point we have been trying to drive home. The SHO will be a great highway cruiser car. It will never be a BMW/AUDI/MB competitor in reality. It will never have all of the features, or do everything as well.

However, for many, the price of admission is worth it, for others the SHO and its little niche will be appreciated. The point is, the original SHO is a classic, "sporty" sedan that can be appreciated by many. They seemed to have not fully thought out what they did with the new one. Slap a manual 6spd option, sport suspension, and some brembo brakes and I'll be the first to call it a fantastic car for the money.

Having built one online, they come out to be 45-46K with every option. For that same money, one can obtain the following with in most cases, with a better than new ford warranty:

CPO BMW M5 V10 (500hp) Comparing this to the Taurus would be an atrocity.

CPO Audi S8 V10 (450hp) Sporting a tweaked Lamborghini V10, need I say more.

CPO RS4 V8 (420HP) I think this one everyone is familiar with.

Insert any host of awesome MB buys currently for 45K.

For me, this makes any of the above a no brainer, but this is why the world rocks, everyone has different opinions, different tastes, and an idea of what they want out of a vehicle.

To each their own, lord knows there is enough choices to go around nowadays.

:cool:

I think you hit the nail on the head, with the same point we have been trying to drive home. The SHO will be a great highway cruiser car. It will never be a BMW/AUDI/MB competitor in reality. It will never have all of the features, or do everything as well.

However, for many, the price of admission is worth it, for others the SHO and its little niche will be appreciated. The point is, the original SHO is a classic, "sporty" sedan that can be appreciated by many. They seemed to have not fully thought out what they did with the new one. Slap a manual 6spd option, sport suspension, and some brembo brakes and I'll be the first to call it a fantastic car for the money.

Having built one online, they come out to be 45-46K with every option. For that same money, one can obtain the following with in most cases, with a better than new ford warranty:

For me, this makes any of the above a no brainer, but this is why the world rocks, everyone has different opinions, different tastes, and an idea of what they want out of a vehicle.

Well fine then, you have me convinced...However I opt for a A8 W12 so that I can ramp out of buildings, and drive around with skanky tattood blondes with automatic weapons. That is my ultimate goal in life!

Listen, I was hoping this was all in good fun, and all I was trying to do was post the other side that no car is without faults.

My point was that you were saying all of these negative things about it just because of something a reviewer wrote in a magazine. Answer me this...have you personally driven the new SHO? Do you know for a fact how the brakes feel, how the transmission shifts? NO you go off of what you read. So when you are crying about me not liking people having opinions, you are wrong. I hate when people take the opinion of someone else and type it here as it is their belief. That makes you the sheep, not me. It doesnt really matter dude, you just keep reading your reviews and let the reviewers make your mind up for you. If I want to know more about a car. I go out and drive the damn thing myself. :asshole:

Well since they aren't on dealer lots yet, all I can do is take what reputable magaiznes are saying. Also, being very knowledeable on SHO's of the past, and reading their impressions, I can reasonabley make my own assumptions. Are you telling me that you have never praised or thrown shit at a car that you haven't driven? Also, have you driven in a test drive to the extent that the magazines do? They rag the shit out of the cars so that we can know something about them before we go drive them. They also know that we are not able to and probably wouldn't anyway drive these cars to their limits, but they do it anyway. I haven't driven the SHO, but will be as soon as I can. Then will you stop bitching about my comments if they are exactly the same?

fuck you you none intake making mofo....have you been to one of the cookouts? oh yeah i think you stopped by the open house. i hate/love you too..;)

lol, I ate about 4 burgers and anthony drove an R/C car into my 3 day old GTI:asshole:

A6, not A8. And nobody is arguing the value of the SHO. We are simply stating that its crazy to argue competition and value based on size and hp. Price, sure, but nothing else.

Thank you....

/Thread

Well fine then, you have me convinced...However I opt for a A8 W12 so that I can ramp out of buildings, and drive around with skanky tattood blondes with automatic weapons. That is my ultimate goal in life!

Listen, I was hoping this was all in good fun, and all I was trying to do was post the other side that no car is without faults.

lol, those movies are painful to watch.

Taken has a good driving sequence with the S8 V10. Thats my choice!!

I did just read about the new Taurus in Motor Trend. They had lots of good things to say about it. However the price was an issue with them as well. The incentives will be available upon release, if that says anything.

Also, just like the other used cars you can get for 45k, in about 2 years a CPO SHO for 25k would probably be an excellent value. Throw a big brake kit on there and save up for a transmission replacement and you are set.

Isnt 45k for a fully optioned one? Im pretty sure most SHO options can be had at the lower starting price of 38k. Im not sure what all you lose as far as options but I know the starting price for the 2010 SHO is 38k

Seriously Audi guys, give it a rest. Build quality? You have no room to talk shit on the SHO, seriously. In the early 90's era Audi's were manufactured with one wheel in the junkyard.

I require proof. I have own(ed) 7 Audis made 86-93 that I can think of at this moment with 160k or more miles that would beg to differ. And they all had much nicer build quality than any SHO I've ever seen. Also, no rust...imagine that? Not to mention the pwnage that Audi laid down with their quattros in this era you mention (I'm sure the taurus has a successful racing history as well). I forgot when the last time an SHO made it up pikes peak was?

Two different classes of car, and it is clear which is the imitator.

I agree completely. Like the looks of the new Taurus, but in the end, there are way better choices. Once you hit that price range, close isn't good enough and while it's a decent car, it's far from what the competition offers with just a handful of miles.

MBZ would be my choice. Classy styling and nameplate alone are worth more than the new Ford.

I agree completely. Like the looks of the new Taurus, but in the end, there are way better choices. Once you hit that price range, close isn't good enough and while it's a decent car, it's far from what the competition offers with just a handful of miles.

MBZ would be my choice. Classy styling and nameplate alone are worth more than the new Ford.

Hell, that is enough to pick up an nice E55, and make it NASTY. :cool:

I require proof. I have own(ed) 7 Audis made 86-93 that I can think of at this moment with 160k or more miles that would beg to differ. And they all had much nicer build quality than any SHO I've ever seen. Also, no rust...imagine that? Not to mention the pwnage that Audi laid down with their quattros in this era you mention (I'm sure the taurus has a successful racing history as well). I forgot when the last time an SHO made it up pikes peak was?

Two different classes of car, and it is clear which is the imitator.

Damn you mean an SHO didn't win the Pikes Peak Hill Climb? Well where did it place? Oh wait it wasn't there. SHO imitating Audi, what planet are you from?

My Audis had interior problems by the boatload, not to mention ABS sensors, wheel bearings, crappy paint finish.<98 A4. Do not get me started on my Quattro wagon, great in the winter when it ran. Most of the time it was in the shop shitting parts. Car was in great shape, but a basket case. Oh and every Audi I encounter at the dealer auction has the dash lit up like a Christmas tree, that is if the display doesn't look like garbled electronic vomit.

Now two different classes of car, you are correct, but imitating Audi? I never felt that. Then again I do not live with my head up my ass.

All I was stating was that I had good luck with my SHOs, and bad experiences with my Audis. Despite this, I would own another Audi.

Just my thoughts.

Oh and a competition prepped car is not a good reference for a showroom car. If it is well then my C5 Vette is kick ass thanks to the C5R.

Damn you mean an SHO didn't win the Pikes Peak Hill Climb? Well where did it place? Oh wait it wasn't there. SHO imitating Audi, what planet are you from?

My Audis had interior problems by the boatload, not to mention ABS sensors, wheel bearings, crappy paint finish.<98 A4. Do not get me started on my Quattro wagon, great in the winter when it ran. Most of the time it was in the shop shitting parts. Car was in great shape, but a basket case. Oh and every Audi I encounter at the dealer auction has the dash lit up like a Christmas tree, that is if the display doesn't look like garbled electronic vomit.

Now two different classes of car, you are correct, but imitating Audi? I never felt that. Then again I do not live with my head up my ass.

All I was stating was that I had good luck with my SHOs, and bad experiences with my Audis. Despite this, I would own another Audi.

Just my thoughts.

Oh and a competition prepped car is not a good reference for a showroom car. If it is well then my C5 Vette is kick ass thanks to the C5R.

Audi really started to turn things around with the later model cars 2000+. Once the B6 A4 came along (2002) there really isn't any room to talk about them being less reliable than the comparable BMW or Mercedes.

But as you stated, each ownership experience is different. From the specific model, to the specific car you bought, to the dealership service etc.

I have had great experiences with 3 out of 4 VAG cars. My 2006 GTI was a bit problematic, but was always fixed when I took it in.

Yes, because of the C5R's success your car kicks ass. You understood correctly. Anyone who has seen an Audi 5000 next to a taurus can see where Ford got that idea from. They're nearly identical from the side, seriously. Good luck getting any Ford guy to admit that. Hey, Lexus jacks other companies ideas too, it's okay!

Sorry you had so many problems, no car is perfect. I suspect your Audis were not maintained correctly. Electrical gremlins they have, but I'd rather have a goofy center display than a rusty shell of a body.

Yes, because of the C5R's success your car kicks ass. You understood correctly. Anyone who has seen an Audi 5000 next to a taurus can see where Ford got that idea from. They're nearly identical from the side, seriously. Good luck getting any Ford guy to admit that. Hey, Lexus jacks other companies ideas too, it's okay!

Sorry you had so many problems, no car is perfect. I suspect your Audis were not maintained correctly. Electrical gremlins they have, but I'd rather have a goofy center display than a rusty shell of a body.

so, if the 5000 was the taurus before the taurus was out, why did the first gen taurus sell 2,000,000 and the 5000 flopped hardcore? hmm, maybe because there was something else to it besides the styling? nah, thats far too logical.

enjoy your 'unintended acceleration'!!!