Where can I ind out about claiming an abandoned vehicle?

Browning

Is this even possible? I've heard of people doing this but not sure how one goes about doing so, or what qualifies as "abandoned."

It's in the garage of an abandoned house next to where my sister lives on the west side. Before any one asks, no, I did not enter the property, or anything like that. Windows on the garage are busted and you can see plain as day, a red 90-92 Z28 that looks to be in fantastic shape but covered in a shitload of dust. Looks like some one has started parting off it. The wheels are gone and it's sitting on blocks. I was told the house has been condemned for a few years now.

Edited by Browning

You can have it. I say so!:D

I'd be up there with some wheels and a trailer in an instant. Looks to be in great shape. Crazy how some people leave shit like this behind.

thats racist:p

lol edited

Guest Removed
cliffs?

you would have to have a valid work order, back dated of course. with someone name and info that dropped it off.

or know someone with a impound/tow yard and they can also file for a title aswell.

just have to know the right people:cool:

http://bmv.ohio.gov/title/title_directives/2007/Updated%20Requirements%20for%20Ohio%20Bureau%20of%20Motor%20Vehicle%20Unclaimed%20Motor%20Vehicle%20Affidavit%20(BMV3702).pdf

this isn't exactly what your looking for but it has a phone number you can call for correct information

when you go for the title on an abandodned car you have to send a certified letter to last known address of the current owner if they don't reply in a certain amount of time and the car has not been reported stolen then you can claim it