Pics of the truckbed liner wrx

thorne

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tbutera2112
i liked the idea until i saw the finished product...if it was done right, i think it would be sweet....but it definately looks like a rattle can job...sorry thorne :thumbdown:

It's really a bitch to rattle can in a garage with nothing more then a couple drops lights and shit.

It's really weird shit to work with.

I do plan on mopdifying it some. As for the 16 year old comments, If you would have seen the ruston your car likeI did. I'm not talkiong alittle spot. I'm talking 20+ little spots . You would have considered doing something to fix it. I called around to get the car painted. Lets just say this cost me allot less and should hold up 10x more.

Would I do it again ?

yes

Would I do it with rattlecans

NO it's really hard to work with.

Do I plan on redoing it in the future.

Yes with spray on air gun or roll on product.

for anyone who thinks this was a rush job.

32 cans at 15-20 mintues a can + tear down + rebuild + taping.

I've got well over 50 hours in the car. x2

But ehhh I think it looks cool. I also think allot of you fail to see that if I would have painted it with other shit or paid for amacco job or anything else I t would have got tore the fuck up.

BTW yes I'm getting yellow foglight.

Line-x Never called me back with a quote.

It's really a bitch to rattle can in a garage with nothing more then a couple drops lights and shit.

It's really weird shit to work with.

I do plan on mopdifying it some. As for the 16 year old comments, If you would have seen the ruston your car likeI did. I'm not talkiong alittle spot. I'm talking 20+ little spots . You would have considered doing something to fix it. I called around to get the car painted. Lets just say this cost me allot less and should hold up 10x more.

Would I do it again ?

yes

Would I do it with rattlecans

NO it's really hard to work with.

Do I plan on redoing it in the future.

Yes with spray on air gun or roll on product.

i have one, he dont show up every day, takes 3 hour lunch breaks, etc.

and to be honest, i dont want to cause then im holding someones hand all day, or having to go over and fix there fuck up's...:mad::rolleyes:

im good.

Sounds like the first guy I had. His names not Brian is it....(not a brian from here)

Thorne, Its apparent how your new to rattle can bed liner. Its pretty easy stuff to work with once you get the hang of it. I can show you proper way of spraying from a can. I think we talked about your car a little. I have the proper Shultz guns for spraying bed liner. Come over after hours and we'll hook you up.

bill im always on your side with the odd things you do to that car. i know its function over looks btu man that thing looks liek you rattle canned with the garage door closed an enjoyed huffing the fumes an jsut went nuts. if you can fix up some of the splotches tha tmake it look horrible im sure itll turn out good. also do somethign with the wheels cause now it looks homo back with the stock wheels.

how strong is this:? wanna play demo derby with my ranger lol

Looks pretty poor but I don't think it would be too difficult to fix. It appears you rushed with the cans instead of laying several thinner/more even coats.

Ditto. If you don't like it, fine. If you can't appreciate it, then you just don't get it. :gtfo:

If I scribbled a mock-up of the Mona Lisa on a sheet of sketch paper, would you "appreciate" it?

I do get the whole idea, and I did not mean to offend you with the comment but it just reminds me of all the black truck liner cars that kids do now days. That silver that subaru had on the car was such a nice color, I mean rally cars have paint and go whole seasons looking good with the ralley armor they have for these cars. If this was sprayed through a gun it would look a million times better and would of been faster for your time.

I'm a function over form guy myself and I like it. It does look a bit "splotchy" but not bad for a rattlecan job in your garage. Better than rusting to death. If my 'Stang keeps getting chips in the paint, I might have to follow suit.

Thorne, Its apparent how your new to rattle can bed liner. Its pretty easy stuff to work with once you get the hang of it. I can show you proper way of spraying from a can. I think we talked about your car a little. I have the proper Shultz guns for spraying bed liner. Come over after hours and we'll hook you up.

Awesome I will take you up on this when I get back . I just herd back from duplicolor today. I'm talking to them about getting more product and there suggestions on application.

I'm still gung ho with the idea I'm just wanting to perfect the application.

strong . I threw my keys at the door as hard as I could before some suggestion I might brake my FOB hahaha.

I'll be back next saturday. I'll bring it out.

I've had lots of messages and suggestions I'm definaly going to take them and modify it more. I like theconcept allot

as for the wheels. they are getting flat black duplicolor wheel stuff. I'm trying to get some free .

My 18's are not in great shape and my vacation was more important then buyt he new rims.

Ohh yeah the tires on the 18's are SHOT.

stark you doing your truck bed? I'm going to do my dads truck bed with the roll on stuff to see how it comes out.

I'm going to talk to 360 when i get back also.

I like the look honestly at night it looks nasty as fuck from say 10 feet. up close you can see the imperfections.

I hope to get it just right =) But eather way when's the next rallyx=)

looks like primer.

while i too enjoy function over form sometimes, i know it could have been executed better, and im sure youll get it good next time around with proper tools.

im sure its sweet having a damn near rubbermade finish though... no more really worrying about minor scuffs, and swirls lol

stark you doing your truck bed? I'm going to do my dads truck bed with the roll on stuff to see how it comes out.

I'm going to talk to 360 when i get back also.

I like the look honestly at night it looks nasty as fuck from say 10 feet. up close you can see the imperfections.

I hope to get it just right =) But eather way when's the next rallyx=)

No, the truck bed is already done, i'm going the rocker panels and the lower part of the fenders because of the rock chips and rust that is starting, along with the front lower valance and then go from there with what ever is left.