2010 Camaro SS Test Drive

AJ

2010 Inferno Orange Camaro SS with the 400 horse and A6.

first thing right off the bat my head hits the roof with the seat half way up. so it has to be as low as it will go before you get some get some good head room.

the sound of the car starting is almost like a LS1 with no spark plugs in it. they have a real fast cranking starter via gear drive. when driving you don't hear the engine very much but you do hear almost like a gear drive whine from the transmission thanks to the automatic 6 speed. i have to give it to GM on this one, it shifts smooth and it seems like a soft shift but its always pulling and not really a dead spot like normal. this car had paddle shifters, GM needs to do what ever they did with the camaro and put in it the corvette. when you up shift (right paddle) the car shifts right then unlike the corvette where you have to shift at 3k so it will shift just before redline. the left paddle down shifts the car. this brings me to another thing GM needs to employ in the vette. rev match down shifting!!! at first i though i was just hearing and feeling things so i tested it out a few more times and it sure is rev match. (if you don't know what that is its like heel toe in a manual transmission) its a smooth down shift too and doesn't make the rear end jump to the side.

as for the ride of the car i really like it. its a firm ride like a sports car should be but takes the bumps well. while i wasn't able to really beat on the car much it seems to handle well for the size, i'm sure it would love a road track but would fair well on a tight autocross corse. only time will tell on that one.

I saw a black Camaro on 670 last week, and while it's still heavy I have to say the car looked 100x better in person than in photos/TV...

Nice review! I'm impressed at the level of performance the 3.6L V6 gives as well. It seems like the right size, I just wish it was lighter...

I have noticed people knocking the new Camaro because of lack of headroom but I am 6'6" 340 and was completely comfortable in it; enough for the interior room not to be a consideration for buying one. My dad is 6'4" and 250 and was also very comfortable in it. I never hit my head in usual motions, only if I tried to do it to check head room would it hit.

I have noticed people knocking the new Camaro because of lack of headroom but I am 6'6" 340 and was completely comfortable in it; enough for the interior room not to be a consideration for buying one. My dad is 6'4" and 250 and was also very comfortable in it. I never hit my head in usual motions, only if I tried to do it to check head room would it hit.

wierd because ajs short as hellll

I've seen 2 in person now, honestly not as big of a car as it looks in pics but very good looking in person.

Sounds like yet another car I won't really fit in if your skinny short ass is touching the roof AJ!!

hahaha exactally what i was saying lol skronny little bastard.

there is a guy that lives down the road from my workds or ownes the tattoo shop at liquid vision an it looks liek he traded e in his late viper gts in for a new camaroooo ss... tisk tisk

I've seen 2 in person now, honestly not as big of a car as it looks in pics but very good looking in person.

Seen one in the parking lot of Kroger on W Broad.I didn't care too much for pictures but the car looks great in person.My 8 yr old said can we get one cause the IS300 is gone in Sept.

Same here

for reference I do not fit in a C5/C6 corvette at all.

I could rock a FRC all day