Diamondback @ Kings Island

Dr. Apex

I went to Kings Island today after having not been there for years, mostly because of Cedar Point having far more and better coasters but today was free so I couldn't complain.

Diamondback is their newest coaster and I was honestly impressed, decent height around 200ft tall, steep drops and very smooth ride. The biggest thing is the hang time, lots of good time being pulled out of your seat which is my favorite thing on a coaster and the lack of shoulder bars and the stadium seat layout make for a good experience.

Also Firehawk, the laydown coaster which was a new type for me. Not fast but flying around like that is tons of fun.

Anyone been up this year and ride Diamondback?? What'dya think??

^What the fuck did you just say Paul??? LOL!!

The nice thing about yesterday was the lack of crowds, the longest line was just under an hour for Firehawk. Diamondback was a 30 min wait max. Most rides like Vortex and Beast were about 5 mins or less!!

I went to Kings Island today after having not been there for years, mostly because of Cedar Point having far more and better coasters but today was free so I couldn't complain.

Diamondback is their newest coaster and I was honestly impressed, decent height around 200ft tall, steep drops and very smooth ride. The biggest thing is the hang time, lots of good time being pulled out of your seat which is my favorite thing on a coaster and the lack of shoulder bars and the stadium seat layout make for a good experience.

Also Firehawk, the laydown coaster which was a new type for me. Not fast but flying around like that is tons of fun.

Anyone been up this year and ride Diamondback?? What'dya think??

Kings Island will continue to get better because Cedar Point now ownes it.

Im excited, finally, again to go back..

Hopefully one day this summer

i went tat the beggining of the summer rode every ride 2 or 3 times and diamondback was the only one i waited longer than 5 minutes for. so it was really good. i jus kept doing drop zone like 5x lol. didnt get on fire hawk cuz it wasnt open yet, but ill never ride s.o.b ever again.kings island is better to me than c.p cuz its closer

was defentalyl abd ass btu i felt liek inbetween 1/2- 3/4 the ride was very dull but then it picked up again

diamondback was defentally bad ass, but i felt a litle past half way threw the ride. it seem sto slow down and was very dull. but then it picked up an finished strong. if they could fix that pause it would be amazing

^What the fuck did you just say Paul??? LOL!!

!!

sory i really should quit drunk posting lol

i went tat the beggining of the summer rode every ride 2 or 3 times and diamondback was the only one i waited longer than 5 minutes for. so it was really good. i jus kept doing drop zone like 5x lol. didnt get on fire hawk cuz it wasnt open yet, but ill never ride s.o.b ever again.kings island is better to me than c.p cuz its closer

nice excuse. your just saying that because your a puss an too scared to ride all the bad ass rides at CP

totally random i could see mopar being scared of roller coaster an screaming like a little school girl

cedar point owns kings island? i didnt know that...

i havent been to kings island in years.

I cant find the actual purchase article, but this did indeed happen.. I think last year was the first summer under CP's ownership.

Cedar Point Owner To Purchase Kings Island

Merger Could Mean Cheaper Food, Multipark 'Super-Passes'

POSTED: 10:21 am EDT May 22, 2006

UPDATED: 1:06 pm EDT May 23, 2006

MASON, Ohio -- By this time next year, Paramount's Kings Island will probably be under new ownership.

Cedar Fair, the company that owns Cedar Point in Sandusky, announced Monday that it is purchasing Paramount's five theme parks, including Kings Island....

http://www.cedarfair.com/ (shows ownership of both parks)

Cedar Point owns it now, all the vending machines and other places are labelled "Cedar Fair" and all the Paramount themed named rides were renamed, Top Gun is now the "Flight Deck".

Cedar Point is by far a better park imo, lots more rides and much bigger and better coasters which is what I go for but with Kings Island owning them they should start to get better stuff(DiamondBack is a big step in this direction).

Speaking of women, we overheard a woman on Vortex say the last time she rode it she threw up, luckily she was behind us as she did it again!!!

Nothing tops The Beast at about 10:30pm through the pitch black dark.

Too bad the rides close at 9:30....

I went Monday and it was pretty busy so we didn't wait in line for the Diamond Back. But the Firehawk was fuckin' awesome and a new experience for me...scared the shit out of me though because I felt like I was going to fall out of my harness the whole time.

Guest tbutera2112
Nothing tops The Beast at about 10:30pm through the pitch black dark.

i fucking hate the beast...i feel like i just got out of the ring of a ufc match by the time i get off of it

I havn't been on the Beast at night, I'll have to do that sometime. I've ridden Millenium Force at night and while it's fun, being pelted in the face with bugs at 90mph sucks!!

Kevin, how long was the wait for Diamondback? I was really surprised at how we never had to wait more than 20 mins for it.