srt4 trade

Reed44

there is a guy on craigslist with a 05 black srt4 with 91k on it. he said it has a spun rod bearing and would be interetsed in trading for my transam. what do you guys think about this? how hard are these motors to pull? and no I am not sweating pauls nuts, I just came across a good oportunity

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how much is the srt4 worth with bad motor? and how much do you think your car would sell for? in all honesty unless your car has super low miles i would do the trade. do you want a car thats fast(but sounds like shit), and looks like a ladybug? or do you want a good looking t/a that sounds good but might not be as fast?

IMO i would do the trade. i am also biased against lt1's though, and will never buy another one(ive had 5 of them. 3/5 had opti problems, one blew a headgasket, and one ran perfect with no problems(had a new motor in it though.)

stick with the lt1...my opinion i would never get rid of my m6 lt1 car for a 4cycl even if its turbo. But them bearings are not that bad to install.
not to hard thats what happen to my last motor crank bearings ahh (factory defect that they wont replace bastards!)

...its a NEON and your TA looks really clean and you would have to rebuild the neon after you gave away your car that runs pretty damn good for a LT1
20 bucks says my "neon" runs your lt1(gayy) down the quarter an aroudn an autox corse any day of the weak?

c6antwon had 11.1 srt4 for not that much cash. he could have prolly gone much faster with more time.

this i belive he hadd a gt35r.... these motors are good to 500,

mine has 90k+ mile son it 60k has been racing... i hot lap the livign shit outta my car an it takes it ...

reed it all comes down to what do you want out of your car? drag race it? if you plan on dragging it shit put your spray on the srt itll put over 400tq easily on a 75 shot

shit my car puts down 337tq runs a best of 12.8 traps a best of 113 oh an ive only got 400$ worth of mods.....

how much is the srt4 worth with bad motor? QUOTE]

blown motor 5-7 depending on the condition of the rest of the car. he could BAREly sell his ta for that is hes lucky(no offense you can get a ls1 for that price)

shit my car puts down 337tq runs a best of 12.8 traps a best of 113 oh an ive only got 400$ worth of mods.....

what mods are needed to get a fast neon? $400 for 12.8 is good.

what mods do you have done?

are their any cheap/free mods?

what mods are needed to get a fast neon? $400 for 12.8 is good.

what mods do you have done?

are their any cheap/free mods?

ebay fmic 50

3in open downpipe 95

adjustable waste gate 65

cold air intake 110

oh shit im actually under 400 haha 320 bucks an ran 12.8s bitchessss then i spent 150 on dragradials last season so technically 470. but bolt on mods 320 bucks

it woudl be funny if i actualyl spent time an put mods on the car lol

i did add a 3in 02 housing comign off the turbo but that was 25 bucks so still under 400 :)

free mods you can trick the comptuer into more boost for a few days (till it relearns it... jsut pop your battery cables on an off to reset it) you put a carberator spring on a hook an hook it to the battterbox an run the spring to the stock wastegate arm an itll boost 13 pounds stock to any where to 22 pounds(depending on how stiff the spring) haha i ran that set up for months then got an adjustable waste gate

what mods are needed to get a fast neon? ?

well theres many routes y ou can go. the expensive slow route is to get a mopar stage 1 2 or 3(stage 3 is a different manifold an bigger turbo covered by vfactory warrenty)

you can go spray most on a 75 shot with similiar bolt ons to me get any where frmo 3375-400 hp an 400-440 tq

or you can go big turbo a 50 trim on liek 20 pounds will net you 400+ a gt35 like anthony had netted him over 500 i belive mmm booooossstttt

how hard are these motors to pull?

both are easy my buddy dropped it out the bottom to get iit out but decided to put it in threew the top while putting it back in. detatch the tranny motor lines up preety good. tranny can be a pain in the arge to lign ip cause its heavy but strap it to a jack an position it itll be fine. i sold a sorta messed up motor for 600 back last year you might be able to find a low mile motor for 1k fairly easy. but if not rebuilt the hole motor an turbo if its got 90k ...might as well whiel your in there

btw im gettin 28 mpg, its an amazing daily. its a great drag car. very veryy consistant, really a good autox car as well

there are a ton around columbus that are highyl modded theres a red one that puts down 550

anthonys old blue one was 500 range

sean "0rwhp" had a fast as shit n20 srt all those guys can answer some of your questions as well... thats where i go haha

20 bucks says my "neon" runs your lt1(gayy) down the quarter an aroudn an autox corse any day of the weak?

Did i say that my LT1 is fast??? no but as far as me and you racing i will be at the fall trackday at trails so i guess we can find out. Im not trying to trash your neon because i do like the SRT's and they do run good. Reed asked for everyone's opinion and i gave mine.

would you guys rather pull a motor out of a srt4 or a f-body?
from the top well:

well with fbody youve gotta take the heads an intake off( or so ive heard)

srt. you can pull the motor out fully intact but usually have to take off the tranny(it can be done connected but major pain in the arse)

or both can be pulled from teh bottom fairly easily as well

there are alot of great reasons listed above for both sides. I use to have an SRT4 I loved it and miss it every day. My best 13.0 at 106 was my best I had mopar stage 2 with turbo toys. I could run that every pass back to back for 10 passes. I think it would be a good trade if it was a stait up trade. They are not hard to work on. If you want a cheap quick car it is the one for you. However I am not a fan of front wheel drive at all. BTW your TA is sexy

btw im gettin 28 mpg, its an amazing daily. its a great drag car. very veryy consistant, really a good autox car as well

there are a ton around columbus that are highyl modded theres a red one that puts down 550

anthonys old blue one was 500 range

sean "0rwhp" had a fast as shit n20 srt all those guys can answer some of your questions as well... thats where i go haha

i miss mine... :( and kind of want another. I also wish i would have got to make a few passes on my car with the spray after i installed the enforcer 1 turbo. Getting rid of that car was definitely a decision i regret all the time.

last dyno before new turbo

off the bottle:

271whp/336wtq SAE

on a 75 shot:

352whp/486wtq SAE

mods at the time were...stock turbo, wg, fmic, cai, walbro 255, safc 2, dp/3in. cutout, balance shafts removed, 100 octane, etc

only dyno with my E1 turbo (no spray) but a few more mods added

326whp/352wtq SAE and on pump gas

pretty sure those were the correct numbers?lol its been AWHILE since i got rid of the car :mad: