Exhaust opinions?

Cordell

I have decided that my car is way too loud, and I'm tired of all the negative attention. Has anyone heard anything, especially on an f-body, that sounds good without all the volume? I have longtubes, ORY, and a SLP loudmouth, and they aren't kidding obout the Loudmouth. This sounded good when I still had cats and a stock cam, now its too much. Many people have commented how they liked the way it sounds, so if you like it I'll cut you a great deal on this cat-back.

So anyway I'm thinking maybe Magnaflo, I like the Borla and Corsa but just don't want to spend that much. So give me some opinions.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it sounds great... but if it's too loud for you, it's too loud.

I like how it idles, and sounds at WOT, the rest I can live with. It's the negative attention, and trouble it causes for me that I'm tired of, so I'm done with it the way it is.:mad:

I think it sounds great... but if it's too loud for you, it's too loud.

Now it won't scare me every time you start it up :lol:

If you need me to look up anything for you, let me know.

NO! Your car sounds like a mechanical orgasm!

I R sad faced. I loved your cars note.

Well I think it's awesome you all like it. Makes me sad to change it, but I've made up my mind.

My favorite exhaust sound on a stock F-body was the Random Technology 3" catback. Deep and rumbly at idle and around town without being too loud, but nearly straight-piped at WOT. However, I have no idea how it would sound with your mods.

I think a borla or magnaflow will be good. I had a magnaflow on my ta just before I got the slp lm2 and it sounded good just to quiet for me but with your mods and cam profile I think the maganflow will be good. or you could change out the resonator for a borla one and have a borlamouth exhaust. check out http://www.ws6store.com

or you could change out the resonator for a borla one and have a borlamouth exhaust. check out http://www.ws6store.com

I was thinking something along those lines. Do something to restrict/quiet the current exhaust down, then if it's too much, put in an (electric) cut out for when you need to open it up.