01 Malibu shakes over 70mph

smokin5s

Guest Removed
I was thinking at the very least he should try to go through the front suspension himself and see if there is anything obvious. :confused:

most peopledont know how to check , or what to look for in a front end..

most peopledont know how to check , or what to look for in a front end..

I don't have that much experience, but from what little i have by the time the feeling is that obvious, the culprit for anyone who knows anything about car is fairly obvious too. I know this isn't always the case, but still worth jacking up in the air, taking the wheels off and looking at the bushings, joints, drive shafts (cv joints) and tie rods. Then if he can't see anything, take it in somewhere. From what I can tell he hasn't even tried to find the problem other than having the wheel's balanced (which I think should be the first step, by he needs to take the second one).

Guest Removed
I don't have that much experience, but from what little i have by the time the feeling is that obvious, the culprit for anyone who knows anything about car is fairly obvious too. I know this isn't always the case, but still worth jacking up in the air, taking the wheels off and looking at the bushings, joints, drive shafts (cv joints) and tie rods. Then if he can't see anything, take it in somewhere. From what I can tell he hasn't even tried to find the problem other than having the wheel's balanced (which I think should be the first step, by he needs to take the second one).

well there is another fault there, that most but me would read into.

the guy removing the wheels, should be looking for front end problems on the w chassis period. 170k when i pull on of those in, you can almost right down vertical a arm bushings, and struts, before even looking at it. then checking the front end(loaded and not loaded) before even pulling wheels should have been done.even tho a D or C tech could have been the one balancing the wheels, that person needs trained on checking front ends. i hate seeing a car come in with new tires on it, and the ball joints ready to fall out.a arm bushing not even touching the control arms, struts leaking right in front of there face. not saying all places do that, but its on a normal i dont like seeing as much as i do.

• 1 month later...
yep the first checks get done with the wheels on and suspension loaded up and to really do it right it takes two guys one to shake the wheel some and one to look and see if anything is flopping around

you still work at NTB don't you?

I need to get tires for it, so if you do, I'll probably bring it in when I know you're going to be there...