01 Malibu shakes over 70mph

smokin5s

Guest Removed

bad tire..?

or maybe they didnt get balanced?(depending on where you take it) i know big tires shops sometime have issue with their machine.

Guest Removed
Try a Road Force balance.

problem is..not many shops do it right..

have to do it with heat in the tires. your suppose to go drive the car for 10 miles, then road force them.

problem is..not many shops do it right..

have to do it with heat in the tires. your suppose to go drive the car for 10 miles, then road force them.

You are correct. When done right though, it can pinpoint those problems.

Can you describe the "shake" more then? If it's been doing it the whole time, there's something else going on.

Guest Removed

id be looking over the tires very carefully.

and checking the wheel bearings, and lower control arm bushings(vertical ones always go bad on these)

how many miles are on it? you may have a bad strut(s) causing the wheel to bounce. even if you may not have a wheel balance problem, you should still have them road forced to eliminate a possible balance issue. the balancer will also tell if the tire is bad or not. like I said, we have a road force here at grismer downtown.

how many miles are on it? you may have a bad strut(s) causing the wheel to bounce. even if you may not have a wheel balance problem, you should still have them road forced to eliminate a possible balance issue. the balancer will also tell if the tire is bad or not. like I said, we have a road force here at grismer downtown.

how much is that?

BTW it has about 170k on it.

lots of guessing in this thread

you need to have it inspected somewhere we do it for free as do several other shops

we also do not charge extra for road force balancing

I think I'm going to bring it up to your work since I bought the last set of tires from you guys and it's past due for a tire rotation anyways....

Guest Removed

i can hook you up on some loaded struts..i have been beating advances 129 each sale..on most of them...lol

and the loaded strut you could install your self ;)

I actually have a set sitting in my garage... a buddy of mine goes to pick and pull at least once a week and when he sees new parts on the cars that we own, he typically grabs them for me :)

Thanks for the offer though.