If legit, i want this

Ramsey

meh, cool idea,but waste of time/money.

for $12k, I could buy the same exact truck, like he paid $2100, and use the $10,000 saved on gas for like a lifetime, lol. I dunno, I spend like $120/month in gas, so that's $1440 a year at whatever it is now, if it stays the same, that's like 6years and 10 months, which would probably outlast that thing anyways....so I don't see how this a good idea?

meh, cool idea,but waste of time/money.

for $12k, I could buy the same exact truck, like he paid $2100, and use the $10,000 saved on gas for like a lifetime, lol. I dunno, I spend like $120/month in gas, so that's $1440 a year at whatever it is now, if it stays the same, that's like 6years and 10 months, which would probably outlast that thing anyways....so I don't see how this a good idea?

I currently spend about 275 a month on gas, so thats 3300 a year. So 3 years and its paid for. I like that is can be reasonably had.

fords 'official' ranger EV is totally cooler, though it could certainly benefit from todays far better batteries.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Ranger_EV

de dion tube rear axle, sprung by carbon fiber leaf springs, and laterally supported by a watts link. then they replaced the cool stuff with steel leaf springs the next year, lol.

Don't forget to subtract an enormous electric bill from the "money saved"

a study done by EPRI estimates that the cost to charge a plug in electric hybrid would be about ¢75 per gallon. this is based on a cost of ¢8.5kw/h and the estimated distance the vehicle would travel compared to a car that gets 25MPG at $3 gallon. subsituting 25MPG for 50MPG as the comparison car results in a total cost of $1.25 per gallon for the plug in electric hybrid.

basically, it's gonna take a car that gets better gas mileage than what is currently readily available to the public before the cost to charge an electric vehicle is even the same as the cost to drive that gas car.

i'm not a big fan of electrics or hybrids at all, but there is no denying the clear advantages they have in a daily driver position compared to a gas or diesel vehicle.

I have seen the real ranger EV sell for around 20K when gas prices are high. Also remember these as well the the Saturn EV1's were only sold in California. Rent the movie "who killed the electric car" it shows you all the EV's that were produced and what happened to them. You guys are calculating gas prices here but in california it is around 3 bucks a gallon still. That helps it pay for itself really fast even more so when you forget about range and think about traffic jams because when its not moving its not using power unlike our lovely gas engines. I'm waiting on a new chevy Volt!

I currently spend about 275 a month on gas, so thats 3300 a year. So 3 years and its paid for. I like that is can be reasonably had.

HOLY SHIT!! Are you fucking kidding me?!?!? I spend MAYBE 100-120$ a month on gas, thats fucking rediculous.

Guest tbutera2112
HOLY SHIT!! Are you fucking kidding me?!?!? I spend MAYBE 100-120$ a month on gas, thats fucking rediculous.

i spend 75 a week and i never go more than 15 miles from my house

gf is 15mi away, school is 15mi away, work is 15mi away

i spend 75 a week and i never go more than 15 miles from my house

gf is 15mi away, school is 15mi away, work is 15mi away

Gas mileage is not your friend.

Edited by Mopar

dude, I spend easily 4x that... my car is a year old, I have 34,000 miles on it.... 54 miles each way to work and that's not counting any other driving that we have to do.