Questions about M&P 15 tactical

silverhatch

I have an X. Major difference I believe is the T adds a front flip up sight and full length rail. Pay attention to what features you are paying for, and which ones you really need. Most can be added later if desired.

S&W makes a quality AR. I love mine. Only issue I have heard from others is some of the older lowers are picky about PMAGs.

Price might be fair in this market, but I wouldnt call it a deal.

Thanks for the info! We just got back from blackwing and was looking at different ones and it would cost more to build it like a tactical from a base. They had one m&p tact but wanted 15xx for it. I have a del-ton kit ordered built like that and not far off on the price. But the only thing with del-ton is that it still might be up to 3 more months before I get it and some of the 1600 rounds of 5.56 I have needs used!:D

I have one and love it. I've never had an issue with my PMAGs either.

Suggestions for others would require more info about what you desire from your future rifle.

I have an X. Major difference I believe is the T adds a front flip up sight and full length rail. Pay attention to what features you are paying for, and which ones you really need. Most can be added later if desired.

S&W makes a quality AR. I love mine. Only issue I have heard from others is some of the older lowers are picky about PMAGs.

Price might be fair in this market, but I wouldnt call it a deal.

The X differs from T as stated from the front sights but the T gets a full floating handguard and a smaller gas block.

Also the early M&P15's were just Stag uppers and lowers engraved with a M&P logo until M&P started to make their own so I have NEVER heard or seen any issue with the early lowers with PMAGS.

I have shot and built a DTI lower and they are nice peices for the money, only problem is the mag well is smaller than normal and will just need some time to break in with PMAGS, I just sat on my couch for an hour or two sliding a mag in and out til it was nice and smooth.

I think i'm just going to buy the M&P tact. I just can't find a kit to build my lower for much less than the price of this after it's all said and done, and not going to take 3 more months! I liked how this gun felt and handled and if I have to many problems with the mags i'll change lowers. One more question, what all is chromed on this?

I think i'm just going to buy the M&P tact. I just can't find a kit to build my lower for much less than the price of this after it's all said and done, and not going to take 3 more months! I liked how this gun felt and handled and if I have to many problems with the mags i'll change lowers. One more question, what all is chromed on this?

Depending on what parts you use I could build you a rifle for cheaper than 1500.

The M&Ps have a chrome lined barrel and I beleive thats it.

Also the early M&P15's were just Stag uppers and lowers engraved with a M&P logo until M&P started to make their own so I have NEVER heard or seen any issue with the early lowers with PMAGS.

The first run of Smith's lowers did have issues with PMAGS and Thermolds but Smith made it right, no questions asked.

I went ahead and bought it and love it! Wished a couple things were different on it but I can live with it. I have already put about 90 rounds through it, but I now need a good sight for it. Any suggestions? Acog would be nice but way to pricey for me now!

I played with a EOTech at the store and really liked it. I'm just not sure what I really want since this is my first rifle! I think I do pretty good with the buis. Sorry for all the stupid questions but just got back into guns not too long ago and I'm really far behind!

I played with a EOTech at the store and really liked it. I'm just not sure what I really want since this is my first rifle! I think I do pretty good with the buis. Sorry for all the stupid questions but just got back into guns not too long ago and I'm really far behind!

How many AR15's or M4/M16 style weapons have you shot before? Really it kind of depends on what kind of shooting you're really getting into. Do you want something with magnification? Do you want to hit Mr.Coyote @ 200+ yards? Would you like a reflexive fixed (aka no magnification) style sight? I think for your first black rifle, understand the nature of iron sights. If it works for our military, it'll do more than work for you.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/policy/army/fm/3-22-9/index.html

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/2b/M16_rifle_correct_sight_picture_fig_4-18.png/800px-M16_rifle_correct_sight_picture_fig_4-18.png

Don't get me wrong, all these high speed AR accessories are great and do their function, but for just going to go and fire off some rounds, there's really no need. I have a few M&P15A flat tops with flip up sights and love em.